Recommendations for campgrounds near the Virginia Creeper Bike Tail - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #1

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Recommendations for campgrounds near the Virginia Creeper Bike Tail

We are taking grandchildren camping near this 33 mile trail. We are having a hard time finding a nice campground with sites with electric. Would appreciate you input! Thanks. Jane

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
South Carolina
Registry
Virginia Creeper

Yes, it's really hard finding RV camping up there. There's a 7 space campground right in downtown Damascus, but it's expensive and right on the road. Don't like. You can drive out 58 to Beartree Campground (about 9 miles, but the curvy roads take almost 40 minutes to get there)...very nice but no electricity or water at sites. Virginia Highlands SP is beautiful, with a great campground but even further away on 58. I'm not sure what options may exist going the other direction on 58 (towards Abingdon). I know the road is much straigher on that side of town! I was just up in Damascus for AT Trail Days and spent a lot of time there when I lived in East Tennessee in the early 90's. Great town! But you're right, RV camping options are slim. You may want to call the town chamber or the outdoors store in town, Mount Rogers Outfitters. Good luck!
GerthT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #3

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Take a look here:

The Virginia Creeper Trail

I was looking at Corp of Engineers camp sites when I saw your message, but the closest two are an hour or so away.
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco