ReserveAmerica Reservation System - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi-
Just got our 16' Scamp. After some major work and de-stinking (just what that smell is I don't want to know) I think we'll be ready for some camping next year. We like to go to state parks and many in New England use the 'ReserveAmerica' system. On the system they list sites as 'tent/pop-up' (with a little tent icon) or 'standard' site (with a little RV icon).

I assume that our trailer would be lumped in with the pop-up trailer category, but wanted to get some feedback from people who've had experience with this. The last thing I want to do is get to the park and find out we can't use the reserved spot. I've no need for electric/water hook-ups, so I'd be happy on a 'tent' site, but wasn't sure of the rules.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Todd, Had the same concerns last year booking Fort Desoto County Park in Florida..I phoned them and they said that an "egg" was the same as a pop-up. They had some length and clearance issues in the one loop and that was how they dealt with it. they also said they wanted a loop where tenters would be "comfortable" without large rigs dwarfing them. BTW the park was not on ResAm.
In Bahia Honda in the Keys, the sites in Sandspur that are designated pop-up could have some clearance issues with the overhanging limbs.
Suggest call the park first and get the skinny from the rangers...then call ResAm and tell 'em you have a pop-up.
Happy Trails...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Todd, Had the same concerns last year booking Fort Desoto County Park in Florida..I phoned them and they said that an "egg" was the same as a pop-up. They had some length and clearance issues in the one loop and that was how they dealt with it. they also said they wanted a loop where tenters would be "comfortable" without large rigs dwarfing them. BTW the park was not on ResAm.
In Bahia Honda in the Keys, the sites in Sandspur that are designated pop-up could have some clearance issues with the overhanging limbs.
Suggest call the park first and get the skinny from the rangers...then call ResAm and tell 'em you have a pop-up.
Happy Trails...Alistair

Thanks for the info Alistair. I spent 24 years in Florida between Sarasota and Tampa so I know the Fort Desota Park Area (never actually stayed overnight). The Sunshine Skyway (the new one) near there is one of my favorite bridges. I can appreciate those in tents not wanting a behemoth parked next to their site.

Todd

Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote