Road racing circuits - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft (B19)
Just spent another weekend camping at the Mosport racing circuit in Ontario had a great time,no electric or water but good if set up for boon docking. We are heading South this month and would like to visit some tracks in the States. Road Atlanta Georgia and Barber motorpark near Birmingham Alabama look interesting.Does anyone no what the camping is like at these or any other tracks.
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
Just spent another weekend camping at the Mosport racing circuit in Ontario had a great time,no electric or water but good if set up for boon docking. We are heading South this month and would like to visit some tracks in the States. Road Atlanta Georgia and Barber motorpark near Birmingham Alabama look interesting.Does anyone no what the camping is like at these or any other tracks.
As one of the track announcers of Myrtle Beach Speedway, I'd like to extend a invitation to you to visit our NASCAR Track here at the beach.
Here is the remaining schedule for 2007
Sept.
8 Twin Late Models-Limteds-Mini-Street Stocks
15 Super Trucks-Limiteds-Mini-Street Stocks
& Mini-Cup 50 Laps
22 Twin Late Models-Limiteds-Mini-Street Stocks
Oct.
8 Hooter’s ProCup 250
November
15/16/17/18 Myrtle Beach “400”

I don't have any "pull" with the Hooter's ProCup race since they bring in their own crew to do the race, but I would definitely recommend the MB400 in November. It's the largest NASCAR Late Model Division Race on the East Coast! Four days of Time Trials, Qualifying, & Racing.

The track has no camping hook-ups, however there are always teams and fans parking RV's & trailers on the grounds during race week. Of course, Myrtle Beach has plenty of campgrounds within a easy drive to the track. Let me know, and I'll check further if you'd like.

BTW September thru December is the "hidden season" in Myrtle Beach SC. Temp's stay in the 70's up until Thanksgiving and the beach is a lot less crowded than in the summer. Ocean temps stay warm and swimable for a long time. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Check out the track's website here.
And if you'd like a chuckle you can see me in action as track announcer on youtube.com MyrtleBeachSpeedwayTV BTW, there's some great racing footage there as well...

If you can make one of our races & I'll see what I can do about some perks.

ConwayBob
Old 09-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Road Atlanta has a fair amount of camping, all the prime spots are all reservable for a few hundred bucks or so for the big events. If you get there on the first day of the event you shouldn't have a problem finding a good spot (all the camping is in the infield). There are hot showers available in the old pit's bathroom near the race tower on the front straight. Camping for the Petite Le Mans race early next month is $75 but you might want to check because they also might charge you another $40 for an infild parking ticket for your TV. Another of Panoz's tracks that you might want to check out is Sebring which has historic races in early March and the 12 Hours of Sebring on the third weekend. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio is one of my favorite tracks for camping, the place is really well maintaned and even has a dump. If you happen to find yourself in Florida in November you might want to check out the Porsche Rennsport event at Daytona International Speedway, I've heard nothing but good things about the event.

Bill
Bill Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft (B19)
Quote:
As one of the track announcers of Myrtle Beach Speedway, I'd like to extend a invitation to you to visit our NASCAR Track here at the beach.
Here is the remaining schedule for 2007
Sept.
8 Twin Late Models-Limteds-Mini-Street Stocks
15 Super Trucks-Limiteds-Mini-Street Stocks
& Mini-Cup 50 Laps
22 Twin Late Models-Limiteds-Mini-Street Stocks
Oct.
8 Hooter’s ProCup 250
November
15/16/17/18 Myrtle Beach “400”

I don't have any "pull" with the Hooter's ProCup race since they bring in their own crew to do the race, but I would definitely recommend the MB400 in November. It's the largest NASCAR Late Model Division Race on the East Coast! Four days of Time Trials, Qualifying, & Racing.

The track has no camping hook-ups, however there are always teams and fans parking RV's & trailers on the grounds during race week. Of course, Myrtle Beach has plenty of campgrounds within a easy drive to the track. Let me know, and I'll check further if you'd like.

BTW September thru December is the "hidden season" in Myrtle Beach SC. Temp's stay in the 70's up until Thanksgiving and the beach is a lot less crowded than in the summer. Ocean temps stay warm and swimable for a long time. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Check out the track's website here.
And if you'd like a chuckle you can see me in action as track announcer on youtube.com MyrtleBeachSpeedwayTV BTW, there's some great racing footage there as well...

If you can make one of our races & I'll see what I can do about some perks.

ConwayBob

Thanks for the offer Bob
Tony
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote