Rt 66 Road Trip - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 AM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Coleman pump shower ~ $19
Pan of hot water ~ Free
Catch tub for the water ~ $3
Shower curtian and suction cups ~ 10 bucks

NOT playing "Guess the stain" ~ Pricelss
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Earthman
I did end up in Needles after Oatman and Topock Az. I'm in Phx area at this time. Planning PCH road trip next. I have never been in the Southwest in the hot season will avoid it in the future as well, I do like the winter time down here. I did see both Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest and yes it was very nice out. I took lots of pictures. I do enjoy the region and all it has to offer.

A.

Quote:
Andy,
If you are going to or through Needles this time of year, you can stop at those freebie places no problem. If however, you are going there in the summer, be advised that Needles is very hot. When we passed that way last year, we were glad to have hook ups to run the AC. Had it going all night too. Oh, it does cool down at night, from 110 in the day to 100 at night. I think they named it Needles because the temp needles just go up and off the scale. The high country of Arizona is good temps in the summer - Meteor Crater and the Petrified Forest will be fairly comfortable. Meteor Crater you might want to see, near Williams. Stay cool ! Don
Andy Earthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Earthman
I should have posted that last one here instead of the Mojave thread.

Oh well. I back on the Mother Road headed to Santa Monica. I picked up a new Flash card today. I had been using 2 64mg cards, always having to dump pictures to the laptop. SO today I got a 256mg card at Circuit City on sale 24.95. That's pretty darn good I think. And besides it was next to the Panera Bread where I ate and had some WiFi time. Very nice day today here in SOCal.

Oh I also had an Ostrich Burger at the Summit Inn. I don't recommend it at all, to much money but it was good. Kinda greasy. But it tasted OK.

Peace.
A.
Attached Thumbnails
Summit_Inn.jpg  
Andy Earthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #24

Registry
I coulda told ya that LOL!

You are right in my nieghborhood! You can go up to Majave Forks regional park, down to Glen Helen, or if you get off on just about any exit past the 138, lots of folks go west and park on the roads.

There is also a small campground in Lytle Creek (Sierra exit, Applewhite CG) that is a forest service campground, about 10 miles off the 15.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:30 AM   #25

Registry
Well, Andy is in my favorite Wally World parking lot at the moment.

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy for coffee, pictures and a little heated intellectual conversation this evening.

Thanks for the Joe, Andy!.. it's always a pleasure to meet other FGRVers, and I got to see my first Uhaul since Dad rented them when I was a kid. He has done a much better job of packing and running on long term travel than I ever have, in the same amount of space!

His rig isn't even all "Guy" stuff and goo either!