Sam Rayburn Lake...COE?.? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
Sam Rayburn Lake...COE?.?

...I am wanting to camp on Sam Rayburn and was looking for recommendations on any of the several COE cgs on the lake...Tx State parks on the lake as well...any experiences to share??? Not going to be boating, just kicking back and relaxing......
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
It has been many years since we camped there, but I can tell you, to me, the Texas State Parks have become pretty expensive. You pay for the camp site and then for the daily entrance fee, usually per person per day. I have seen some that were as much as $7 per person per day. At one time, they charged for the tow vehicle. Don't know if they still do. So we have not been to a Tx. State Park in years, but we have several C.O.E. parks within a short drive. $ for $ they are probably close in costs, but if you are old enough for the Govt. discount programs, that makes the C.O.E. parks a bargain at 50% off. Texas does not accept the Fed's cards. Some states such as Arkansas will accept the Fed's cards in their state parks. It irritates me that I get letters from the Texas Parks and Wildlife asking for donations to help maintain the parks. If they would accept the fed's cards, many of the empty campsites would not be going unused everyday and there would be many more campers visiting our very nice State Parks. Sorry for the long soapbox lecture.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
I have the Tx parks card...it gives free admittance and 10% on camping, store items and rentals (if not a concessionaire)...it does cost 70bux/yr however. I agree they are pricing themselves empty.....

I do have the Fed geezer pass and have liked all the Corps parks I have been to...I am going to join some friends at Fairfield SP...spend 3 days with them and then go some where less expensive...there are 4r5 COE Parks on the lake and just looking for pointers.......
madjack

p.s. TxSP also have fairly draconian attitudes towards ANY and ALL adult beverages.......mj
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #4

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
I understand. We bought the Tx. St. card back in '02 or '03 and it was $70 and we only used it the day we bought it. Let us know how you like the Fairfield State Park. Have a great and safe trip...
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco