sept. in cape cod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Red face sept. in cape cod

we are hoping to escape the incredibly rainy, cool weather that has passed as summer here in the maritimes, by travelling to cape cod in sept.
i have been in contact with another forum member, barrie, who was in this area earlier this summer but unfortunately for me, he stayed with friends or at walmart-----what i am looking to learn about are specific sights to see or recommendations for camping spots--both private and gov't parks.

we have about 2 weeks and will definitely be seeking beach time....sure hope to leave the rain at home. so far, the weatherman says 70% of our days since early may have rained. yuck! i am growing mold and starting to quack.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #2

Registry
hey--- has NOBODY got any info to share with me on the cape cod area? don't be shy!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
here you go
Cape Cod Camping
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #4

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Hi Theresa!

Husband and I were thinking of a fall camping trip to the Cape this year. We haven't been there in many years and have never camped there. However, I was an annual Cape vacationer for probably the first 30 years of my life.

The only campground I am familiar with is Nickerson State Park in Brewster. From what I remember it's a very nice park. Well kept and clean. I only visited there, never camped. The only other campground I know about is the Campresort in Falmouth. Friends have camped there and had good things to say.

As for sightseeing - Hyannis is about halfway out the cape and has many shops and restaurants. Lots of Kennedy related stuff. You can drive by the "compound". You can also take a small boat trip through the cranberry bogs. Very educational.

If you drive all the way out , you will reach Provencetown ( or P'town) It's a fun place with lots to do. It is a very gay-friendly area, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you might want to skip it. Don't skip Nauset Beach though. It'd the best beach on the cape.

You can also take ferries to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. Both are fun places to spend a day. MV has clay cliffs and a lovely antique carousel.
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #5

Registry
thanks-sue and jim--good info from you both and i am setting down to do some more indepth planning this coming weekend. now i am hoping that hurricane irene didn't do too much damage on the cape.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Registry
I wish I were going to Cape Cod to camp, would be lovely in the fall.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm going to open a new thread because I do not want to steer this thread from the op.
Moving to Mid-Atlantic EGG Fest 2012
Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 AM   #8

Name: Ann & Mike
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Delux
New York
Scusset Beach in Fall

Hi Sue and Jim,

We survived the onslaught of Irene by shear luck, the Mohawk River crested Monday afternoon just five feet below the level of our street. Folks only three miles upriver in Rotterdam Junction were not so lucky. I was getting ready to hook up the Casita and head for higher ground if it got any closer. Sorry to say Jumpin Jacks was flooded almost to the roof, but the good news is that they will be open for business and clogging arteries again next summer. We are headed to the Cape from the 19th, the sites have water and electricity. This weekend we are up at Hearthstone Point, I hope the weather holds. Two weeks ago we were at Seawall Campground in Acadia National Park, it was fantastic. We plan on going back next summer for at least a week. Anyone interested in joining us for a mini-rally?

Mike and Ann
grammy46 is offline   Reply With Quote