South east campground - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Burro
I finaly get a vacation I was hopeing to go camping next week. I am notiiceing that alot of campgrounds are closed. Iam thinking about NC SC or Ga maybe on the caost. I will need electric this time and very dog friendly. anybody have a favorite spot for this time of year?
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
This is one I really like http://riversendcampground.com on the coast in Georgia. Some pictures from last trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Tybee_1.jpg   Tybee_3.jpg  

Tybee_2.jpg  
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hunting Island State Park in SC is one we really enjoy. Water and electric sites.
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-fin...-park/1019.aspx

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Hunting Island State Park in SC is one we really enjoy. Water and electric sites.
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-fin...-park/1019.aspx

Al
Is that the one on the island with a lighthouse? And the island is eroding away? I visited a state park in SC with a friend who was then stationed at the Naval base there. He took me to a state park nearby and we were both totally horrified at how much of the island was eaten away by the ocean. Huge tracts of forest had succumbed to the sea, and houses were in the surf. It was pretty horrible.
Attached Thumbnails
Aikens2.jpg  
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
From your description Bob, Hunting Island might well be the Park you visited. There is a lighthouse and the perimeter sites on the ocean are subject to severe beach erosion. Unlike our NC Outer Banks, there were no sand dunes to serve as a barrier from the sea. Still, we enjoy visiting there - beautiful old live oaks scattered througout the park, great bike trails from the campground to the lighthouse through a maritime forest and the sand is packed hard enough to ride along the shore (not possible on NC's beaches). We've got to get you out of them thar hills for a downeast visit one of these days.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
From your description Bob, Hunting Island might well be the Park you visited. There is a lighthouse and the perimeter sites on the ocean are subject to severe beach erosion. Unlike our NC Outer Banks, there were no sand dunes to serve as a barrier from the sea. Still, we enjoy visiting there - beautiful old live oaks scattered througout the park, great bike trails from the campground to the lighthouse through a maritime forest and the sand is packed hard enough to ride along the shore (not possible on NC's beaches). We've got to get you out of them thar hills for a downeast visit one of these days.
Al
Oh, I go to the coast for at least two vacations per year. This year we went to Juniper Springs in Florida (not the beach, but a freshwater spring, and we spent time on the ocean), and we went to Huntington Beach State Park south of Myrtle Beach (which is my favorite coastal park in SC). And in April we're taking two weeks off to hit the Florida Keys! Neither of us has ever been to the Keys, so we're hoping to have a great time down there.

In fact, here's our campsite at Huntington Beach State Park from just a few weeks ago (September).
Attached Thumbnails
Huntington008.jpg  
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote