Special RV Group Camping With or Without a Tour Organizeer???? - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #1

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Special RV Group Camping With or Without a Tour Organizeer????

I just came across a camping tour group, SOI, which goes to the Pasadena Rose Bowl Parade in late December. I've always wanted to go and thought a group tour would be much less hassle than trying to navigate traffic and crowds on my own. Have any one of you gone on this or other RV camping tour groups? https://www.soiclub.com/Rose-Parade-...p/2018rose.htm

Another group camping experience, without the tour organizer, is Jessie's Vineyard in Lodi, CA (SF Bay Area). You attend their festival and they provide free camping on their open farm land! Jessie's Grove | Events

I think there are RV tours to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. I'm sure there are lots of opportunities to camp at music festivals and car races. Let us know what RV group tours, with or without a tour organizer, you know of in your state or other states, countries. If you have gone yourself, share your experience and photos, of course!

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Never camped in a group, but we have been to the Rose Parade a couple of times. Well worth it! Be prepared to pay for bleacher seating in one of the more desirable locations.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #3

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
SOI is "Scamp Owners International"
We have attended many group camping rallies, but never any group tours with them.
ADVENTURE CARAVANS does tours, and we went to Alaska with them in 2004.
It was a great way to go, as they made all the arrangements for campsites, and shows, and things to see/do. Groups are limited to 20 rigs most of which are the large motor homes, 5th Wheel and tow behind trailers. We had the smallest rig with our 16 ft Scamp and Honda Odyssey.
The SOI group will be good for you, as in, "Birds of a Feather, Flock Together.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17 ft DLX SD & 21 ft SOB
NW Wisconsin
My wife and I go camping with a group of 4 other couples once a month in the summer ( May thru September ) Each couple has one month where they get to pick the Campgrounds . Many Campgrounds offer discounts for groups especially if you if you camp during the week (Monday thru Thursday )
The longest trips we have taken were to Banff and Niagara Falls
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
SOI is "Scamp Owners International"
We have attended many group camping rallies, but never any group tours with them.
ADVENTURE CARAVANS does tours, and we went to Alaska with them in 2004.
It was a great way to go, as they made all the arrangements for campsites, and shows, and things to see/do. Groups are limited to 20 rigs … most of which are the large motor homes, 5th Wheel and tow behind trailers. We had the smallest rig with our 16 ft Scamp and Honda Odyssey.
The SOI group will be good for you, as in, "Birds of a Feather, Flock Together.

I heard of "Scamp Owners International" (SOI) when I purchased my Scamp, new, but I don't think the organization I'm referring to is that club. They do not speak of any Scamps in their website. Do you know, for a fact, that this club going to Pasadena is the Scamp group?
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
indeed, soiclub.com describes itself as SOI Motorhome Club, and their logo shows a large class A ... I doubt this has anything to do with Scamps, its a subchapter of the FMCA, Family Motor Coach Association... they do allow trailers ('towable RVs').
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #7

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
I heard of "Scamp Owners International" (SOI) when I purchased my Scamp, new, but I don't think the organization I'm referring to is that club. They do not speak of any Scamps in their website. Do you know, for a fact, that this club going to Pasadena is the Scamp group?
Scamp Owners International is referred to as SOI, but their website is actually ScampOwners.com https://www.scampowners.com/

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote