Suggestions for Oregon and N. California along I-5. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #15

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerK View Post
Ok, that place could be the biggest pit toilet in the world and I would still say that is cool! Turning and old drive in movie theater into a campground? Rock on!
Each to their own, but I not about to pay $30 to $35 per night any place.
Last winter we were out for almost 100 nights averaged $7.50 per night with $18.00 the highest. We met several full timers that wouldn't pay over $20.00 per night.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Don't worry, I'll stay off of your lawn and keep the rock and roll music down.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think life is about experiences and each of us desire different things. Not that one is better than the other, just different. It's doubtful I'd make a habit of staying at a campground like Hi-Way Haven, but I certainly would one time. How cool, sit in your lawnchair, eat popcorn and watch a drive-in movie! I grew up with drive-in movies and haven't been in about 35 years. Roll back the time.....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #18

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think life is about experiences and each of us desire different things. Not that one is better than the other, just different. It's doubtful I'd make a habit of staying at a campground like Hi-Way Haven, but I certainly would one time. How cool, sit in your lawnchair, eat popcorn and watch a drive-in movie! I grew up with drive-in movies and haven't been in about 35 years. Roll back the time.....
I totally agree with your first tow sentences. I've never been drawn to resorts of any kind, but that's me. My first preference is to be out in the wild woods with nobody else around. Where I can sit in my lawn chair and watch the deer, coyotes, the birds, a bat or two at dusk. Listen to the water as rushes towards the sea, the frogs croaking, ducks and geese quacking and honking, a Douglas Squirrel scolding. Those thing are far more interesting to me than somebody fantasy shown on big screen. I don't go to movies and I don't watch fiction on television. There's maybe 2 or 3 fiction movies a year that I'll get on DVD maybe double that for non-fiction. Activities such as swimming nothing beats a nice mountain lake for swimming or fishing.
However, I'm glad there are those the prefer the resorts rather than over populate my hide aways, as the resort goers would not like it if every body went to the resorts so it was difficult to get in the prices doubled.
No matter what you choose, there are lots of options out there, enjoy.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #19

Name: Chris
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Robert and I drive up I-5 every year to go to the Oregon Gathering.
Half-way between Crater Lake, Oregon and Fremont, California is the Junction of Interstate 5 and Interstate 505, which is smack-dab in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Nothing but wheat fields to the horizon, as far as the eye can see in any direction.

The closest anything will be The Camper's Inn RV and Golf Resort near Dunnigan, California. We haven't stopped there.
We ended up finding Heritage RV Park in Corning which was ~80 miles north of Dunnigan. A great place for a stop-over if you need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If you want to stay overnight some place fun and usual, just outside of Roseburg off I-5: Hi-Way Haven RV Park Home I've thought about just going down for a couple of days myself!
We tried that park out on your suggestion Donna and it was a great place for a stop-over. Nice and clean, dog-friendly, free wi-fi and a free movie too!

Full trip report is here.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #20

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Link goes to "new reply"!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #21

Name: Chris
British Columbia
Arg. Here is the correct link to the trip report:

Port Moody, BC to Fremont, CA and back.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #22

Name: Glen
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe modified 1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind
California
Link Hi-Way Haven RV Park Home click on the calendar link for movies and date they are playing.

We stayed there and saw American Graffiti.