Table Rock SP, Mo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Table Rock SP, Mo

Looking forward to a getaway this weekend 10/13/13 for about 4 days. I know Branson is just a skip and jump away but I'm more wondering about the park, fishing, boating is there a park sticker needed, I already paid for the site. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the park.

Thanks Pete
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #2

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
Pete, there is boating and fishing at table rock lake....they have bass tournaments there. Weekends can be crowded, not so bad during the week. More big rigs than little ones due to being so close to Branson. I have not camped there. Missouri state parks are quite nice, well run, and in scenic areas of the state. There is not a daily fee in any of our parks, only a daily camping fee, price depending on what amenities you want/need. We are due for some rain this weekend, a couple of days of clearing, then a front moving in from the Northwest the middle of the week with temps in the low 60's down to the 40's, maybe a frost in the Ozarks. I have camped in about a dozen Mo. state parks and have enjoyed each one (I do not do weekends and try not to camp during the summer).

Hope you enjoy our state and all it has to offer.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #3

Wisconsin
We'll be there Sun and leave Thursday so hoping to miss some of the crowds, got a nice site near the lake. Hope to try some fishing and my SIL is renting a pontoon so we will definitely be enjoying your park. (they live in St. Peters)

Thanks Pete
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #4

Missouri
for those 65+ there is a $2.00 discount, don't even have to be a state resident. will help pay that extra $2.00 for 50 amp service whether you need it or not.....many state parks are labeling their ele. boxes 50 amp although there is also a 30 amp connected in the box......bugs me, but at least they are using the extra $$$ to keep the parks in good shape and not closing them due to state cut-backs in services.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Glad to pay the fees, not over 65 yet so they can keep my $2. We have many problems funding our parks in Wi. as well. Misplaced priorities are a headache.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Had a wonderful time at Table Rock, one of the best parks we have had the opportunity to use. Well maintained, fishing was great from shore, rented a pontoon and just loved it. We will definitely try to use the Mo. park system again!!
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #7

Missouri
Hi Pete, glad you enjoyed Table /rock SP. I have camped in a 1/2 dozen Mo. state parks and they have all been jewels but don't let too many people know about them...LOL.
Heading out Sunday to Montauk SP which is about a 40 minute ride from me.....it is a trout fishing park, one of three in the state. Not going fishing but want to visit with the hosts whom we met a couple of years ago. They do April and October there when it is not as crowded. We are also hoping to go there again for Thanksgiving as the Lodge does a dinner and the campground is open sans water/showers....talked with the cook the last time we were there and they do an honest-to-goodness Thanksgiving buffet for $14.00, don't take reservations, and we were advised to show up early, hense the idea of taking the Casita. Might even be able to talk them into making me a turkey sandwich with horrible white bread and lots of mayo.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
The secret's out..............LOL

Well, just a little. I like the NO crowds seasons.
So, since I'm an hour + from Joplin, Mo. I will
be hitting some of them from time to time.

I've driven through one park but don't know if it's the same.
It has one really sharp turn on one side and claims to have
a water hole that the bottom has never been found. Think
there's a water fall falling into it as well. It's way south of
Branson. And I think they also have trout fishing. Charge by the pound?
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

Missouri
If they charge by the pound, sounds like a private park as our 3 state operated trout parks require a state fishing lisence, a trout stamp, and a park fishing permit for $3 per day. If over 65 one does not need a fishing lisence. Number and length of trout depends on what the regs are for the state for that year. After Oct. 31, all of the parks are catch and release until opening day the 1st of March.

You would not be too far from the fishing park at Cassville, Mo. which is sorta west of Branson.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #10

NE Oklahoma
I may have that part wrong (second hand) but I think it's a state park.
I'll have to check my map and see if I can cypher which one it is.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
Had a wonderful time at Table Rock, one of the best parks we have had the opportunity to use. Well maintained, fishing was great from shore, rented a pontoon and just loved it. We will definitely try to use the Mo. park system again!!
We stayed at several Missouri State Parks on our way back from Texas picking up our Casita .All of the Missouri parks we visited were really nice.
Pete , have you read about our Governors plans to sell or lease out our State Parks .Interesting article in the National Park Rangers Magazine
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #12

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We stayed at several Missouri State Parks on our way back from Texas picking up our Casita .All of the Missouri parks we visited were really nice.
Pete , have you read about our Governors plans to sell or lease out our State Parks .Interesting article in the National Park Rangers Magazine
I voted for that guy and will never again. Sell/lease the parks? This is from a guy who doesn't know which end of a fishing pole to use and probably never camped...UGH
Old 10-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #13

NE Oklahoma
Checked my map. The park I was thinking of was
Roaring River State Park. Sorry.