Tallulah Gorge State Park - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot
Has anyone camped at Tallulah Gorge State Park in Georgia? There are 2 reviews on the RVParkReviews web site but they are a couple years old.
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
I was there this past fall. Great park! The gorge is spectacular! Wonderful walking trails and bridge overlooking the gorge and waterfalls. Interesting natural history museum in the park. There is a short rail to trail paved bike path adjoining the park. Historic district, shopping and restaurants in the nearby small town.
The campsites each have elect, water, picnic table and fire ring or grill. The sites are a little smaller than some Ga State Parks, but nice. Decent bathhouses.
They open the floodgates on certain weekends and the river becomes a glorious whitewater mecca for kayakers.
I highly recommend
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
I was there this past fall. Great park! The gorge is spectacular! Wonderful walking trails and bridge overlooking the gorge and waterfalls. Interesting natural history museum in the park. There is a short rail to trail paved bike path adjoining the park. Historic district, shopping and restaurants in the nearby small town.
The campsites each have elect, water, picnic table and fire ring or grill. The sites are a little smaller than some Ga State Parks, but nice. Decent bathhouses.
They open the floodgates on certain weekends and the river becomes a glorious whitewater mecca for kayakers.
I highly recommend

Thanks for the info. One reviewer complained of highway noise. Did you find that an issue?
We've been away in our Bigfoot for a week which is why the slow response.
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:18 AM   #4

Highway noise was not an issue while I was there. It may be that in the winter when all the foliage is gone the noise increases. Then again, I live on a well-traveled road so I might just be less sensitive
You could request a site farther from the road if you are concerned. The campground is fairly large with varied terrain. Reservations at this park are made by actually talking to a human on the phone! They might be able to help.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #5

There were two other eggs at Tallulah the weekend we were there.
One family, the Seabolts, posted some great photos and descriptions here in their fabulous webpage.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Great name, "Seabolt".

I didn't care for the campground at Tallulah Gorge State Park.

For my money, you get a much nicer experience driving up the road a few miles and staying at Blackrock Mountain State Park near Clayton.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote