The camping trip we just about gave up on - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
The camping trip we just about gave up on

Started the morning with issues. We are headed to the Mudbug festival in Shreveport, LA. Camping at Mission Tejada in Texas.

We needed to spin the trailer around so the hitch would be facing the right way. Backed it right into a tree. Boy am I thankful for the spare tire! It saved us.

While trying to get the jack wheel turning the right way, we broke it right off. This was a new jack too!! Bought an all metal one.

Then we noticed a low tire. Tires are only about a month old. Aired them up and drove to a tire shop. Brand new nail in the thread. And one in the sidewall! Ugh!

We had special ordered these tires from out of town. So now we sit around and wait for a tire delivery.

One of the girls got a call that her mother is in the hospital. We had to drive her back to get a car so she could go. Turns out she just had hives and missed the mini vacation because of it. :-(

Fiancé gets a work call. Must be on a conference call ASAP. So much for sneaking out early!

And this week... Pool pump broke. Repairman called. Over range microwave broke. Ordered a new one. Toilet broke. Repaired it!

We are scheduled to get married on Friday , June 13! We are the champs of bad luck at the moment. Lol

This is the camping trip where everything is working against us. It was either stay home and drink frosty drinks from the safety of my bedroom or go camping. Lol. We chose camping.

So look out bad luck! We didn't give up!
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #2

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
As we are driving away in the rain I notice something! Our non working marker lights are suddenly working again!!! We have not been able to figure them out. Gotta find the loose connection. Lol

All you can do is laugh. ;-)
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
May you keep this attitude forever!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
I'm feeling your pain....
I took off on short trip to South Alabama to go to a Graduation for a god daughter... left with plenty of time to spare, have a RV park spot arrangements. Checked tires filled water tank, ect. Jinxed by owner of R.V. park "needing to rush down". Cruising down at leisure pace. Crappy roads in Birmingham, AL. blown out right side tire. Minor damage to Scamp. Popped stabilizer down. Jack up lock back up, have to drop trailer get out tire iron, reconnect. Jack won't fit under axle, drive up on blocks get jack under axle lift," quickly" put on spare tire limp off Interstate. Get replacement tire and tork lights 2 1/2 hrs. Finish drive down just in time to Graduation ceremony great trip. Spending time with friends I haven't seen in years.
I may as well not have checked tires before I left. That's probably the slowest tire change I've ever done.
But I did see another fiberglassRV on the way. A Casita traveling north.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #5

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandiwhne View Post
As we are driving away in the rain I notice something! Our non working marker lights are suddenly working again!!! We have not been able to figure them out. Gotta find the loose connection. Lol

All you can do is laugh. ;-)

It always seems to be the ground.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Love your attitude Brandi

If you're not feeling down and out with all the bad, just imagine how great you're going to feel when everything goes right!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #7

Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Sounds like you are getting it all out of the way now so that you and your fiancé can have decades and decades of good luck. Keep smilin'
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote