"Three way hook ups".... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
"Three way hook ups"....

Trying to plan a nice visit to eastern Canadian areas, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and perhaps Cabot Trail. In reading about Cabot Trail there is mention of "3 way hookups" in campgrounds? Does this mean water,electric and sewer or 3 campers sharing one pedestal? Or perhaps something else?
In addition there is a warning that there are no fuel stops along the Cabot Tail and one must get 20 mpg to finish the trail? Certainly not conducive to pulling a trailer.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Nova Scotia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Trying to plan a nice visit to eastern Canadian areas, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and perhaps Cabot Trail. In reading about Cabot Trail there is mention of "3 way hookups" in campgrounds? Does this mean water,electric and sewer or 3 campers sharing one pedestal? Or perhaps something else?
In addition there is a warning that there are no fuel stops along the Cabot Tail and one must get 20 mpg to finish the trail? Certainly not conducive to pulling a trailer.
Jim,
There are at least 10 gas stations on the Cabot trail. Go to Google maps and type in gas stations on Cabot Trail or gas stations near any city on the Cabot Trail. I just did it and counted 10 gas stations.

Three way hookups are pretty standard around North America W/E/S. The only time we've had trouble finding a place to stay was after November.

You can also contact the tourist bureau and they will can provide you a list. We did that when crossing Labrador.

Also the entire loop of the Cabot Trail is about 155 miles. Our Odyssey could make it around twice without refilling. It's really a beautiful but short drive.

Safe Travels.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Awesome party scene ahead!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #4

Florida
Jim,

We drove it once by car in November, Thanksgiving week I recall. Driving across the highlands of the Trail there was snow on the ground, also they had little emergency huts along the road.

We contacted Tim Horton's for a list of their stores along the trail, usually a Gas station as well.

A good place to eat on the trail is the Clucking Chicken. Even if you're full stop for a desert.

At the time we stayed in motels and B&Bs, most were closed in November. When are you going?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #5

Florida
Ginny just broke out our NS Tourism booklet. There's a whole section on the Cabot Trail. Ginny says things begin closing down in October. If you go to the NL Caravan thread you'll see a link to getting a NS tourism booklet. You can pick one up at the Visitor's center as you cross into NS as well.

We have one for each of the Maritimes. They usually come with maps.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I didn't know I needed to know what a "3-way hookup" is, but now I do and I haven't seen an answer yet.
What does the term describe?
Old 09-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
I was planning on next summer, July or August or September to escape the heat down here. The Cabot Trail looks nice and there are at least 2-3 cg with the 3 way hook ups mentioned. I was planning on staying at one, disconnect and make the circuit without the trailer. Counter clockwise supposedly has better views.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #8

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I didn't know I needed to know what a "3-way hookup" is, but now I do and I haven't seen an answer yet.
Here is where I saw it mentioned
http://www.cabottrail.travel/accommo...880A305BDE917F
Old 09-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #9

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
I preferred driving it clockwise because you are on the inside lane and a little further from the edge on the 180 degree curves . During the busy summer season you encounter lots of huge trailers , one wonders if they are enjoying the journey.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Glenn

3 way hook up means a king bed and .....

It means water, electric and sewer.

NOrm

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
I was planning on next summer, July or August or September to escape the heat down here. The Cabot Trail looks nice and there are at least 2-3 cg with the 3 way hook ups mentioned. I was planning on staying at one, disconnect and make the circuit without the trailer. Counter clockwise supposedly has better views.
September is always a great month to travel. Simply less people traveling. You might want to consider camping on the loop. There are hikes, festivals and things to do out there. We went clockwise. We were stopping all the time for the views, easy to do in the fall because there's less traffic.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-09-2015, 03:52 AM   #12

Name: Denise
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Norm and Ginny posted the three-way hook-ups as water/electric/sewer (W/E/S) in their post.
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote