Trinity Lake, California - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #1

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
Trinity Lake, California

Trinity Lake is located west of Redding CA. There are numerous private and fed campgrounds, even a couple "boat-in" only campsites (Mariners Roost and Captains Point). Beautiful and secluded and can be your gateway to the Trinity Alps for hiking and camping.

Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I enjoyed your video. Please do say more about camping in the area. Houseboating overnight might be fun!

We've camped at McArthur/Burney Falls SP and Lassen Volcanic NP. Now we're thinking of tent camping at Warner Valley Campground (no RVs or trailers there) in Lassen NP as it's rustic, on the Pacific Crest Trail and, interestingly, next to the Drakesbad Guest Ranch which provides luxury rustic cabins (no electricity), gourmet dining, a spa and a naturally heated pool! If "outsiders" have a meal there they may use the pool. Drakesbad Guest Ranch, Lassen Volcanic National Park

We'd like to make this an extended trip with our 13' Scamp trailer, but would need to park/store it for the few days we'd be on the rest of the trip. Do you have any ideas?

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #3

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
I enjoyed your video. Please do say more about camping in the area. Houseboating overnight might be fun!

We've camped at McArthur/Burney Falls SP and Lassen Volcanic NP. Now we're thinking of tent camping at Warner Valley Campground (no RVs or trailers there) in Lassen NP as it's rustic, on the Pacific Crest Trail and, interestingly, next to the Drakesbad Guest Ranch which provides luxury rustic cabins (no electricity), gourmet dining, a spa and a naturally heated pool! If "outsiders" have a meal there they may use the pool. Drakesbad Guest Ranch, Lassen Volcanic National Park

We'd like to make this an extended trip with our 13' Scamp trailer, but would need to park/store it for the few days we'd be on the rest of the trip. Do you have any ideas?

You could probably contact a private campground (Pinewood Cove on Trinity Lake, maybe) and pay to store on their site. Just call and tell them, "I don't need a camp spot, just a safe place to leave my trailer. What would you charge me?" One of the local campground agreed to let me store my ski boat short term for $15 a week. I just want to park it behind a building or anywhere that it's not taking up space or inconveniencing them....Most places are pretty reasonable. Good luck.
Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote