U.S. Camper entering Canada/Nova Scotia - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #41

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
No!!!! Come to California.

Right now we are anywhere from $3.10 cash at an ARCO to $3.29 and higher at most all other Gas Stations. That is for the low grade gas.
I prefer to stay away from Republic of Kalifornia :-) It's an another kountry, not a part of USA... It's too different, financially and mentally.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #42

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Respect for Fellow Amerticans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
I prefer to stay away from Republic of Kalifornia :-) It's an another kountry, not a part of USA... It's too different, financially and mentally.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please show a modicum of respect for other states and the residents thereof two days before the anniversary of our Independence.

The Golden State is little different in terms of people, personalities and economy from the other great states that make up the United States of America. We are all more alike than different and that's what makes this the UNITED States of America.

For the record, it's the California Republic, it's on the flag....

California State Flag

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #43

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi; Uplander... Two weeks won't be enough time. Been down east twice for two weeks each and saw a small portion.
You'll get more $$$'s exchanging your cash at a Bank. Credit Cards not a problem except for their rates
Guns are prohibited. Bring your own booze as it's expensive in Canada
Cape Breton Island is breath taking. Seafood is worth the trip alone!!!
Here's some pic's. Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, and sunset camping on the Bay of Fundy. Pay per View campsite!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf you are killing me - just amazing shots! You mKe me want to leave right now! Thanks for sharing! Michael
mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:47 AM   #44

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: mbbear... Thank you... I just get lucky sometimes. Travelin' The Blue Ridge/Shenandoah Parkway, Luray Caverns Virginia.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:
Attached Thumbnails
P1010904.jpg   P1010879.jpg  

P1010840.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #45

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Scamp
I'm really late to this discussion, but I was up that way last summer (Minnesota to Nova Scotia and back--blog posts at adventuresinscamping.blogspot.com) and it's true that I was on a genealogical/historical plan, but if you're not going to spend your time in archives, I had a great time in Halifax at the maritime museum (and the cemetery where most of those who died in the Mont Blanc explosion and also those recovered from Titanic are buried) and I also enjoyed the natural history museum. Peggy's Cove was gorgeous. I spent quite a few days near Grand Pre (the Land of Evangeline campground, I think)--which is just stunning in itself (the memorial is really well done), and I also had fun fossil hunting. Annapolis Royal was also gorgeous.

I traveled with two cats and had no troubles with either of my border crossings. I didn't know about chips on my cards (neither had chips) and so they were rejected at the gas pump, but I learned to pay inside and that wasn't a problem. The black flies were nasty (last summer) and I've gotten a Clam screen tent in the meantime, and I wonder if that would have made things more bearable.

I ended up in more RV park type campgrounds, because the provincial parks in Nova Scotia don't have electricity (and I need that). If you can stay in Fundy National Park in New Brunswick, do. That was my favorite park of them all.

Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Karen B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #46

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+1 Late to this as well.

As far as cash, I typically hit the first cash machine and withdraw spending money for the trip.

Invariably, I end up with money at the end. Even though gas costs more, I add up all my loose change (realize Canada has a $1 and $2 coin), and fill up to that amount prior to leaving Canada. So if I have $14.87 in change, I get that amount of gas. I save the currency for my next trip. Of course, I usually forget my bag of Canadian funds the next time, and so it goes.

But the concept "works".

And if you are traveling to the Maritimes, be sure to visit PEI and be sure to bring bicycles. That part of Canada has an extensive bike trail system, lots of riding available.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #47

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: thrifty bill... It's true you must visit PEI...it's Canada's Garden Province. The bridge is free to get there but they make you pay to get out!!! Another great island to see is Cape Breton Island. Every mile has a "Wow" sight.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
bucket o muscles.jpg   P1010337.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote