Ultimatecampgrounds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Ultimatecampgrounds

Ultimate Campgrounds - The LARGEST POI List for US Public Campgrounds

Fred just found this site for us. It does not have private campgrounds.

Many of the public campgrounds would only be of interest to those of us who can do without services. The municipal campgrounds will be very handy to know about. You need to click on the state you are interested in.

Where was this useful site when we had to WalMart overnight in Devil's Lake, ND because we could not find anything on Hwy. 2?

We are currently trying to figure out how to get it on our GPS.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Excellent site. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #3

Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
That's a cool link ! Related, I have:
allstays, campwhere and state parks apps on the iPad. Most of the data on these apps reside on the device, so if I am out, I do not need an internet connection to find campgrounds. They all three cost, but the price is reasonable, I think it was under $20 for all three.
gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #4

Another is
ALL US AND CANADA CAMPGROUNDS: STATE PARKS NATIONAL PARKS FORESTS MORE california oregon washington new york pennsylvania more

Interesting about that site is that you can change the type of map being used. should try it out on the laptop, see if it is easier for me to use.

I have some problem with using that on my iPad. We need to figure out how to use without service too. I don't mind paying a fee for a good site.

Thanks George, We will look for the ones you mentioned.
Nancy
Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Ah, I think Campwhere is the same as uscampgrounds. Link to the app

CAMPAPP

Nancy
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #6

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Another is
ALL US AND CANADA CAMPGROUNDS: STATE PARKS NATIONAL PARKS FORESTS MORE california oregon washington new york pennsylvania more

Interesting about that site is that you can change the type of map being used. should try it out on the laptop, see if it is easier for me to use.

I have some problem with using that on my iPad. We need to figure out how to use without service too. I don't mind paying a fee for a good site.

Thanks George, We will look for the ones you mentioned.
Nancy
of the apps I have for the iPad, I think I like allstays the best, because it has both private owned and public campgrounds, among a lot of other stuff. You can set various filters to narrow info displayed etc.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Ultimate Campgrounds - The LARGEST POI List for US Public Campgrounds

Fred just found this site for us. It does not have private campgrounds.

Many of the public campgrounds would only be of interest to those of us who can do without services. The municipal campgrounds will be very handy to know about. You need to click on the state you are interested in.

Where was this useful site when we had to WalMart overnight in Devil's Lake, ND because we could not find anything on Hwy. 2?

We are currently trying to figure out how to get it on our GPS.

Nancy
At the top click "using this site" then in the upper right hand side is the place where you can buy the POI list for your GPS.

One word of caution. Not all information is totally accurate. One site listed say the closest town is Tilamook which is wrong. Tilamook is close to 200 miles away. Drain probably should be listed as the closest.

I've observed people doing the come in late leave early in campgrounds that I could never understand. If all I'm going to do is grab a few hours sleep why stay in a campground and pay the fee?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #8

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
At the top click "using this site" then in the upper right hand side is the place where you can buy the POI list for your GPS.

One word of caution. Not all information is totally accurate. One site listed say the closest town is Tilamook which is wrong. Tilamook is close to 200 miles away. Drain probably should be listed as the closest.

I've observed people doing the come in late leave early in campgrounds that I could never understand. If all I'm going to do is grab a few hours sleep why stay in a campground and pay the fee?
Sort of related, for those who like to Wally-dock, the allstays app has all the walmart locations on it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
If you have an Apple "iOS" product, CampWhere is a great app for non commercial campgrounds - the best $5.00 you will ever spend. Unfortunately, not available for Android systems. I also use AllStays Camp & RV - both are useful.

On my RV Information page I have collected many of the RV Campground Finder & Review links.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #10

Byron,

Just because I feel comfortable overnighting at Wally does not mean Fred is.

If I need to find us a campground in order to travel it is no big deal. If we were both comfortable with Wally or truck stops it would not be a problem.

Nancy
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Byron,

Just because I feel comfortable overnighting at Wally does not mean Fred is.

If I need to find us a campground in order to travel it is no big deal. If we were both comfortable with Wally or truck stops it would not be a problem.

Nancy

I understand. A lot of things people do is done to satisfy a spouse. If the spouse isn't satisfied traveling might not happen. Do what you need to do and enjoy.

FYI, we've been know to sleep at Wal-Mart, truck stops, and rest areas. Texas has the best rest areas with friendly attendants there 24 hours, at least at the few we've stayed at.