UN-Planning my Xmas get away trip - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #29

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry

Due to a special project that is a work emergency, my vacation has been canceled.

I'll still be in my trailer.. living in it in a warehouse. The location for the project is offsite and will require 10-12 hour days in the heaviest traffic time and area of So. Cal.

Rather than drive for 3 hours one way to get to the project at an ungodly a.m hour., I am going to roll the trailer into the place the project is taking place in and use it as my mobile office and hotel room.

My dogs will think this is great fun. I am not so sure I can agree with them. BUT, it beats a hotel and boarding them.

Did I mention:

?

Old 12-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #30

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Sorry to hear about the change in your intentions Hopefully, the sun will be shining and the weather perfect for your trip when you do get to get underway.
We know the special project will be blessed by your presence and will be more successful due to your participation. The company is very fortunate to have your expertise on which to rely.

We are getting so used to last minute changes of plans that " rolling with the punches" has almost become second nature. It's taken the better part of a lifetime to learn not to "sweat the small stuff" because in the broad picture most of it really is small stuff.

Does this mean at home?
Kurt & Ann K.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #31

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
That's a bummer.

But maybe you'll be able to get a nicer trip later. One that'll be and require rather than .

Old 12-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #32

Name: Anne
Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Oregon
Registry
Quote:

Rather than drive for 3 hours one way to get to the project at an ungodly a.m hour., I am going to roll the trailer into the place the project is taking place in and use it as my mobile office and hotel room.
What a drag!!!! But, also, what an incredibly great solution!!!! I've often wished I lived a little closer to work (well maybe not THAT close).
Will you be actually in a parking lot? or in a nearby campground?
Happy anyway!!
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #33

West Coast USA
Registry
I will actually be INSIDE a large warehouse.

The warehouse is pretty much empty, and when the "Project" units get there, they will only take up about 1/4 of the available space. I can park it on the opposite side near the water and electric.

There are locks and alarm systems, but no security, so I get to put the flying monkeys on full time duty there.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #34

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hey, Gina - rotten deal about having to change your vacation plans, but as Byron said, perhaps an even better adventure will come up later on. Take care, L 'n D
Old 12-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #35

West Coast USA
Registry
I will turn it into a "semi" vacation. The company lawyers have issues with my trailer being in a building (You never know, the building roof might collapse ) so I have been moved to the worlds most expensive RV park just down the road.

It's Canyon RV Park, a converted county campground that has all the ammenities of an RV park, but in a campground setting, so I guess I win. It's 10 mins away.

At 45 bucks a nite, I don't usually stay there anymore, but since I am not footing the bill... what the heck
Old 12-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #36

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
so I have been moved to the worlds most expensive RV park just down the road.
Well, if your planned vacation got turned upside down, this at least sounds like a bit of a consulation prize.

I've been in your shoes and it ain't pretty. Although I wasn't camping "on-site," as you had originally planned....I was staying in a motel 1-1/2 blocks away. Waaaaaay too close. The convenience factor actually boomeranged on me! It was easier for the production crew to come bang on my door at all hours, than it was for them to figure out the problem for themselves. If I ever need to do something similar again, I'll definitely set some ground rules. Convenience shouldn't be a one way street!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #37

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I will turn it into a "semi" vacation. The company lawyers have issues with my trailer being in a building (You never know, the building roof might collapse ) so I have been moved to the worlds most expensive RV park just down the road.

It's Canyon RV Park, a converted county campground that has all the ammenities of an RV park, but in a campground setting, so I guess I win. It's 10 mins away.

At 45 bucks a nite, I don't usually stay there anymore, but since I am not footing the bill... what the heck
Hi: Sorry about your plan changes... Maybe the lawyers found out that the building code has no provision for "Snow Load"on the roof...and they would also be at risk while you are laying on the floor staring at the weak roof dreaming about those "Red Woods" so as a wise elderly lady once told me "Bloom where you're planted"... and know that you're still part of the "Volume" Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #38

West Coast USA
Registry
Donna, normally, I will stay in a hotel and enjoy the ammenities. I lived in one all last week. We don't go cheap on hotels, so I get to enjoy some fineries I would never consider spending my own $$$ on. They did offer to put me up in one.....

BUT, I see enough hotels during the regular course of my work, and they are fine for a few days, but I am actually more comfortable in here in my own space, with my pups. (Hey, I get over the air TV.. woo hoo!) This project could drag on for several weeks, and I want my "stuff" around. Restaraunts get old after awhile too. I can cook in here and live life as close to normal as possible.

This is a gated security park.. The worker bees don't dare attempt to come get me LOL!

Nicely put Alf. I am thinkin' if it snows in Corona California any time soon, I should be buying lottery tickets in bulk
Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #39

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
So, Gina... you gonna get put in between two 45' Prevost DPs? Great scenery!

Roger
Old 12-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #40

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Gina,
Christmas in Oregon vs. Christmas in Corona, hmm.
On the positive side, you won't be towing in the snow or rain and wind. The climate should be considerably warmer and you'll be getting paid instead of spending so much of your hard earned cash. On the opposite side, the extra income will probably put you in the next income tax bracket and the time working will only line the pockets of Uncle Sam.
What the heck, if it rains this week-end, all your troubles will wash away!
Since you don't like planned vacations, this will just be another in your series of unplanned adventures, right? In that fancy park, can you look forward to relaxing in a hot tub at the end of the day? At least you should be able to walk your dogs in more comfortable weather when you get "home". What about week-ends, stay there or head up the hill? Inquiring minds want to know, not that it is any of our business.
Joking aside, we hope the change will ultimately prove to be enjoyable.
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #41

West Coast USA
Registry
Kurt, I am planning on getting up the hill this weekend, barring any snow. No real need to go up at this time, other than I would like to see what my mortgage and car payments are going for on occasion (Haven't driven the Jeep in close to 3 weeks )

Looks like I will be here THROUGH Christmas. I have the best spot in the park, right on the river (I'll take a picture when it's light out) so what the heck. My project should end on the 22nd, but I am being "retained" until the 27th.

Since my XMAS plans went to heck, I have none, so I might as well enjoy this pretty spot for 3 days and relax.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #42

Gina,
E-mail on it's way.
Kurt & Ann K.