UT/AZ Scamp Photos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #21

Name: Anne
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I second the comment about the 12! The beauty and diversity on that road, as well as scanty traffic, made me think I want to spend a week getting to see it slow.
I made a similar trip last September from San Diego to Mt. Pleasant MI. Camping in the back of my car during the heat wave early in September was one thing that made me decide to get a trailer. Even at elevation, the night temps were in the 80s. I am thinking of making the trip again next spring, but with my trailer and take more than 14 days on the road. I really wanted to spend more than a night at the NP in Utah and NM, but had a deadline to be back in SD in a month. As it was, I spent more time on the road than visiting family in MI! Maybe next time I can take a couple months. The west is impressive in scale, but nothing is more beautiful than the backwoods and clear waters of Michigan!
Fire-N-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #22

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
[QUOTE=Fire-N-Ice;474468]I second the comment about the 12! The beauty and diversity on that road, as well as scanty traffic, made me think I want to spend a week getting to see it slow.

Yes! Highway 12 is beautiful. Something everyone who visits Utah should see. Highway 12 is also called the "Hogsback or Hogback" and if you google it and look at some of the bing photos you will see why. I could not take any photos because I was concentrating on my driving. The wife couldn't take photos because she had her eyes shut. Hogsback is as close to heaven as you can get when you are driving a car or truck!

The Moki Dugway highway is another very interesting drive.

I've had my trailer 2 years and managed to spend 9 weeks in Utah and Arizona and I've seen a lot but there is so much more.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #23

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Wow! Nice install!! Where is the Hitch??? Do you have the full tow package on your Oddy (tranny cooler etc) and was it all factory?

Thank you so much! This is the most clearance I've seen on a minivan. How many inches is it to the ground? Norm measured his new Oddy and he has 5" but yours looks like more. Where is the power connector? That's what I had the most trouble with on my Sienna b/c it was even lower than the hitch. Bent the snot out of it more than once on a steep incline. Had to have it repaired. Not fun thousands of miles from home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMScampers View Post
Attachment 74432 here you are Melissa.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Tags
scamp