Utah Adventure 2013 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #15

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
A few quick comments.

Gilda, we stayed in exactly the same spot in September and really liked it. Our dog really liked it because it was her chance to really run and play. The Nationl Parks and private campgrounds required her to be on leash. If I visit Capitol Reef again I will stay there instead of going into the park.

Jandb 313, those roads off the beaten path offre some spectacular opportunitys but do challenge my confidence levels. We were in Kanab and planning a trip to the Grand Canyon but it was October 1, the first day of the park closure. Instead, we left the trailer at the campground and decided to visit the Paria movie set. We did see some boondockers part way down the road to Paria . It looked like a nice place to stay and if I had brought the trailer I probably would have stayed there. We went to the end of the road down by the river and I never would have made it with the Bigfoot. There were several wash outs that a passenger car or a low clearance 4 WD would have had problems. I found getting accurate information from locals was not always reliable. If I can't get reliable information I would check out the area without the trailer first.

Steve and Rosemary, I have not attended a rally yet. I have reservations at Champoege next April and Bullards Beach in July. The Oregon people are very active and I am anxious to meet them. Bullards Beach which is 9 monthe away already has 50+ paid reservations with some people coming a long way. It looks like it's going to be a large one.
As far as a return trip to Utah, spring or fall (cooler weather) would be fine with us. Boondocking or full hookup's work for us. We would incorperate this event into a trip of several weeks or longer and I'm thinking other people attending would be doing the same thing.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #16

Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
As far as a return trip to Utah, spring or fall (cooler weather) would be fine with us. Boondocking or full hookup's work for us. We would incorperate this event into a trip of several weeks or longer and I'm thinking other people attending would be doing the same thing.
Thanks for the feedback. Watch for a Utah rally some time next year!