Wasaga Beach, Ontario - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1989 17 ft Bigfoot Deluxe / 2004 Ford Ranger
Wasaga Beach has about 5 prominent campsites at varying distances from their famous beach; has anyone camped there...any tips or recommendations on favorites, or ones to avoid?Any contact persons? I'm toying with the idea of plunking the Trillium at a campsite for a trip or two this Fall, while I go metal detecting on the beach or in the water.
Any Trillium owners in Wasaga? Bolers? Other F/G "eggs" ?

Joe/Peterborough
Joseph Olajos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
Hi Joe,

I have never camped in Wasaga Beach, but I do know that in the summer it is VERY busy with tons of teenagers, and lots of alcohol! The fall might be better though. However if you were planning on going in that direction, you should go to Sauble Beach. They have a really nice provincial park there...Sauble Falls Provincial Park. In the fall the salmon are spawning, and it is amazing to see them swimming up stream. The beach in Sauble Beach is amazing as well, and would also be ideal for metal detecting.

Andrea
Andrea Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I have never camped in Wasaga Beach, but I do know that in the summer it is VERY busy with tons of teenagers, and lots of alcohol! The fall might be better though. However if you were planning on going in that direction, you should go to Sauble Beach. They have a really nice provincial park there...Sauble Falls Provincial Park. In the fall the salmon are spawning, and it is amazing to see them swimming up stream. The beach in Sauble Beach is amazing as well, and would also be ideal for metal detecting.

Andrea
Hi Andrea
Thanx for the tip on Sauble Beach as an alternate;never camped or detected there, its quite a drive from Peterborough but have heard of its fame from other detectorists.Is the main beach part of S.F. Park, or is it separate? It just might be worth a trip...

Joe
Old 08-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Boler
Hi Joe,

The main beach is separate, but it's only about 5 minutes away. The campground shouldn't be busy at that time of year (which is nice because the washrooms are super clean then)...and its open until Thanksgiving weekend which just happens to be the same time the entire town of Sauble Beach goes into hibernation.

I think the drive from Peterborough should be about 4 hours or so. We just bought a property on Rice Lake and it takes us 2 hours to get there...and from our place to Sauble Beach its another 2 hours. http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/saub.html

Another really nice campground is MacGregor Point Provincial Park. They have some really nice hiking trails, and it's not very far from the beaches of Port Elgin...which are also great for metal detecting. http://www.ontarioparks.com/English/macg.html

Hope this helps,
Andrea
Andrea Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
Not far from Sauble Falls is Inverhuron Provincial Park, it was closed for 29 years and just re-opened last year. Fantastic beach and beautiful scenery. We saw not one racoon the whole time we were there, while McGregor Point and Sauble falls has trubs with them. http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/inve.html

Name:   inver_beach.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  2.0 KB

Name:   inver2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  2.6 KB

Name:   inver3.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  3.2 KB

Name:   inver4.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  2.0 KB

Name:   inver5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  2.8 KB

Name:   inver6.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  2.7 KB

P.S. When I was Emily this year I mentioned we were going to Inverhuron and was promplty hushed by some Bolerites who lived near Inverhuron as it was their beautiful secret, they were right!
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Not far from Sauble Falls is Inverhuron Provincial Park, it was closed for 29 years and just re-opened last year. Fantastic beach and beautiful scenery. We saw not one racoon the whole time we were there, while McGregor Point and Sauble falls has trubs with them. http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/inve.html

Attachment 4724

Attachment 4725

Attachment 4726

Attachment 4727

Attachment 4728

Attachment 4729

P.S. When I was Emily this year I mentioned we were going to Inverhuron and was promplty hushed by some Bolerites who lived near Inverhuron as it was their beautiful secret, they were right!
Thanx Paddy for your tip on Inverhuron...seems like we're working our way down Lake Huron...first Andrea's Sauble Falls, and MacGregor Point and now your Inverhuron. They're all worth checking out, some day ! So many parks...so little time !!
But hey...we're getting farther away from Wasaga Beach with each response !!
Has nobody camped there, at the private campgrounds? Unfortunately, Wasaga Beach Prov Park has no camping, just day-use; and yes it has a wild, young crowd, and yes there's some( !!! ) alcohol consumed. Maybe those c/g's are packed with that crowd...yes ?
Old 09-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
This might help, my wife camped there as a kid but doesn't remember much.
http://www.kbcafe.com/rvdad/?guid=20040810113601
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
This might help, my wife camped there as a kid but doesn't remember much.
http://www.kbcafe.com/rvdad/?guid=20040810113601
Thanx again Paddy for the main link, but unfortunately I could not open the majority of the other links, nor the websites! Judging from references to poor reviews for most of those campgrounds,I may reconsider camping there at all; day-trips here I come.

Joe