We're ESCAPING!!! ...finally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #15

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Donna, Enjoy! Be safe! and of course post pictures of your adventure!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #16

Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Registry
Donna
If you end going thru Louisville, Ky, gives us a call. You can park in the drive with 30A and we can share stories. Been to Halifax a couple of times. Nice place.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #17

Trailer: 1979 Trillium and 1989 Bigfoot (named 'Swanky')
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Donna R
Hello all................FINALLY

Well, we have been on the road since Feb 7th but not all that handy to wifi, so this is my first post.
My partner Lance has started his blog about his views on our travels and the address is.....

http://neverlateneverlost.blogspot.com/

I intend to post some of my insights and pics when I get home and have more time.
Bringing a dog along is great especially when boondocking, but as it gets hotter, becomes a handicap for using library internet conections. I have seen WAY too many dogs locked in a oven baking cars and have become extremely neurotic about doing that to our beloved family member...Dixie Dawg.

I will comment on the amount of surprisingly cold weather we have extperienced on this trip. Have had frost or snow in nearly all the states so far including Florida, Texas, NM and of course all the states along the east coast from Nova Scotia to Florida!
I will post the pic of me setting off for the am walk in St Joesoph SP.....thank goodness I brought those mitts and warm hat and down vest!!!!!
In Alpine Texas last week we woke to thick ice on the dog`s water dish and a reading of 13 degrees F! We are missing the furnace that we thought was fixed....and is not.

At this moment in Roswell NM in the tourist info ....with the dog at my side!!!! They allowed her in while we use the internet. HOW VERY KIND.
And Roswell has turned into a pleasant surprise. Just toured the museum art gallery and it was really interesting.....and free! But donations are appreciated and well deserved.
Staying at the Bottomless Lake SP in anticipation of more cold nights and using a small cube heater to keep warm.
Nice park by the way.

Went to the Carlsbad caverns earlier this week. Can`t find the words to express the emotions of seeing that wonder......you MUST see it yourself. Also figure it`s the best bargain in the USA. Only $6 enterance fee!!!
Ôr free with the America the Beautiful Pass!!!!!
Advice if you go............ good camera WITH a tripod. Will post some of our pics later after I figure out how to reduce those very large files.

The freedom of doing a trip like this is such a privilege. We are grateful to be having all these experiences and meeting all the wonderful,`interesting and slighty quirky people doing `their own kind of trip``
Lots of us out there these days......needing living instead of working.
All kinds of rigs and life styles...........we are happy with ours......small , simple and no schedule.
I wish you could all be ``out here``

Donna, Lance and Dixie Dawg

Old 03-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Will post some of our pics later after I figure out how to reduce those very large files.

I wish you could all be ``out here``

Donna, Lance and Dixie Dawg
THANKS for the update, we've been wondering how things were going.

For picture re-sizing help for uploading here, click for this tutorial:
Resize Picture Help Using "Shrink Pictures" site

And YES, I wish I could have been with you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #19

Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Hi Lance and Donna,

I've just spent an enjoyable evening reading a about half of you blog (so far!). You write very well and your stories of unlatched cabinets, tempermental furnaces and your desire to stay off the interstates mirror our own experiences with our Trillium 4500 - we sure do miss our old trailer.

I look forward to reading more. If you're passing through southern Ontario on your way back your welcome to pull into our yard.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #20

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hi donna....we write this from beautiful flagler beach, florida (gamble rogers state park) where we ran into alistair camelford with his lovely wife inge in their road toad! had a terrific few days with them, a wonderful campfire with him entertaining us by guitar and the sun is shining, the weather warming up.

sooo happy to hear that your travels are going well, i had been worried about you!

looking forward to seeing you this summer, but did you know that the atlantic meet is now being held in murray beach prov. park in NB..right beside the bridge?? july 22/23. sure hope you and lance and dixie dawg can join us!
otherwise, we will try to connect for an alternate get-together.

safe travels and keep warm!
theresa

Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #21

Name: Phil
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500 (previously a 1978 Trillium 4500, Rpod 171 and Surveyor SV251)
Nova Scotia
Quote:
hi donna....we write this from beautiful flagler beach, florida (gamble rogers state park) where we ran into alistair camelford with his lovely wife inge in their road toad! had a terrific few days with them, a wonderful campfire with him entertaining us by guitar and the sun is shining, the weather warming up.

sooo happy to hear that your travels are going well, i had been worried about you!

looking forward to seeing you this summer, but did you know that the atlantic meet is now being held in murray beach prov. park in NB..right beside the bridge?? july 22/23. sure hope you and lance and dixie dawg can join us!
otherwise, we will try to connect for an alternate get-together.

safe travels and keep warm!
theresa
Where's your blog and photo's, Theresa?

Did you hear NB got hit with a snowstorm yesterday? Bet you don't miss that!