Who knows about Ashland, Oregon? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Greetings!
We plan to head down from Edgewood (near Puyallup), Washington to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland in mid-September. Can you recommend a good campground with hook-ups in or near Ashland? Has anyone camped at Emigrant Lake or at Glenyan Campground? If we get tired of our own cooking, any recommendations of good places to eat?
Besides the Shakespeare plays, which are supposed to continue until the end of September, what else is of interest in the area? We have traveled up and down the Oregon Coast already, and know we will be stopping in Corvallis on the way back to visit friends. Anyplace else off of that stretch of I-5 we should detour for???
Thanks so much.
Avis & lare
Avis&lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Compact II by Hunter
A & L -
i'm surprized you haven't received any previous replys. i'm still new to this site and just noticed your question. unfortunately, you may already be on your trip.
places of interest that come quickly to mind for me are crater lake to the northeast and oregon caves to the west(sorta). both can be done as day trips from the ashland area.
can't help with the restaurants or specific campgrounds. hope you have/had a good trip.
Terry
Terry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #3

Dear Terry,
Thanks so much for responding!!!!! We are leaving Tuesday, so you answered just in time!!!!!!! We too were rather suprised at the lack of response to my question, but I am not very good at sending computer messages (I have picked my font and size and color, but they never seem to actually show themselves), though I can get on this site and read everything!! I thought perhaps I had somehow sent it so only I was reading it?????!!!!!!
Anyway, thanks so much for your input -- now we will have an even better time!
Avis
Avis & Lare
2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Edgewood, WA
Old 09-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Heres a link that might help you? i dont live in this area but looked it up ....

http://www.thebestofashland.com/RVParks_T.asp
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Compact II by Hunter
Avis -
glad i caught you before you left. as far as i can tell, there is nothing wrong with your posting. most postings look the same color and font size wise except a lot of the members use the emoticons, which can be amusing.
anyway, the two places i mentioned are both about 90+/- miles from ashland and a lot of it is over two lane highways so i would get a reasonably early start to each. of course there is an access charge to crater lake np(unless you have a np pass) and tour charges to oregon caves but well worth it. also there's the lodges to see at both parks. and there is a boat tour of crater lake(if they have it this late in the season). but that involves a one mile hike down the rim to the lake and, more inportantly, a one mile hike back UP!
there are probably some museums in the area. there is a small one in cave jnct. or nearby if you like that sort of thing.
the website christi supplied has useful information. you can also do your own search just by typing in some of the city/park names.
give us a report when you get back! :^)
Terry
Terry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #6

Dear Kristi and Terry,

Hurray for answering back!!!!! Thanks for all the good information! lare and I are really looking forward to our Oregon trip. The Moomin Mobile is off on adventures! Bye!!

Avis
Old 09-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Avis, please don't take the non-response personally. I know I didn't answer because I don't know of any place to camp in Ashland. The only time I've camped there was about 20 minutes east of Ashland and I couldn't remember the name of the little private campground. (It wasn't that great of a spot either.)

You'll love Ashland though! It's a great place to visit. The Shakespeare plays are wonderful. If you are looking for anything else to do there is a cabaret in an old church that is great. It has dinner and show and is not very expensive.

Some of my favorite restaurants are:
Kat Wok - Japanese
Munchies - for burgers
Thai Pepper - Thai
Siskiyou Brew Pub - for beer & pizza
Greenleaf Restaurant - all foods & outside dining by the river

Here are some of my favorite shops (can't remember the names) but they are right down town:

bookstore
yarn shop (hand-spun yarns)
kitchen store
watercolor art gallery

Have a fun and safe trip!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Hi Avis,

I also didn't respond because I had trouble remembering the names of the campgrounds we've stayed at. Immigrant Park is a nice one. It is on what used to be called Dead Indian Road going toward Lake of the Woods. I know that the road has now been renamed to a more PC name but I don't know what it is. There is also a nice campground outside of Medford but all I remember is that it was near Applegate road. There was nothing at all wrong with your posting - just my memory to be more helpful.

We love going to Ashland. It has a great city park that is fun to stroll in and the downtown shops are inviting and you could spend a couple of hours exploring them. We haven't been there recently so I'm sure some of the places to eat have changed. There are quite a few good ones though. Have fun!

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #9

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
So... how was your trip to Ashland? Where did you end up staying?

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote