within 6 hours of middle GA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
within 6 hours of middle GA

looking for something different within 6 hours of Macon GA for a campground around $75/night or preferably less (w&e or full hookup) with a pool and/or waterpark within the campground, amenities like mini golf a plus, perferably on a lake or ocean front/view of beach...mountains would be ok to...something all inclusive if it exists similar to parks at Myrtle Beach SC but with no 4 night minimum. Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Joining is pretty cheap

Passport America Campgrounds
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #3

Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Thanks Bill! I just got off the phone with them and we like what we heard by phone and saw on their website. We are gonna give them a try, at $49/ night for W&E stream side plus my wife said they gave us a discount for me being retired firefighter. Said it is 13 miles from Gatlinburg. I like to fish, wife likes the pool and Ryan like the playground and water slides...best part is its less than half what we would have spent in Mytle Beach at one of the mega campgrounds (with no shade).
Old 07-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We belong to Escapees, used the discount at a RV park in Florida. Found out that Escapees and Passport America members got the crappy sites way in the back and a bathhouse that looked like it was built in the 50's. Those that paid the full rate got a site up front near the pool and nice clubhouse with immaculate bathrooms. Won't be renewing that.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Sometimes you get what you pay for.....nowadays it costs almost as much in state parks what private cg's charge,
Old 07-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #6

Missouri
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We belong to Escapees, used the discount at a RV park in Florida. Found out that Escapees and Passport America members got the crappy sites way in the back and a bathhouse that looked like it was built in the 50's. Those that paid the full rate got a site up front near the pool and nice clubhouse with immaculate bathrooms. Won't be renewing that.
Thanks for the heads up. My only experience so far was Pontchartrain Landing in New Orleans. We paid half of what the $250K motorhome sitting next to us paid, and we were on a water side lot. It might have had something to do with the particular RV park, but they treated us very well.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #7

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
STONE MOUNTAIN GA!!!! VERY NICE!!!! affordable, easy to get to, lots to do, etc...
Old 07-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #8

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Depending on how long your stay is near Gatlinberg, the Tail of the Dragon highway is a must do drive. Over 300 curves in about 11 miles if I remember right. Last time in my Corvette was a blast but be on the lookout for the radar guys.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #9

Missouri
Registry
318 surprise packed curves. You can see your own tail lights on some of those curves. It will be packed with motorcycles pushing the limits. Sometimes car clubs will run the Dragon too. Oh, and just because it's a fun run doesn't disqualify it from commercial traffic. Truck do use it.

P.S. don't take the trailer.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Did I miss the name of the Campground in this thread? I went to the Passport American link but several CGs came up. Which one was it? Kids would love waterslides on a hot day!

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #11

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Adventure Bound Gatlinburg based on criteria water slide, pool, etc.

Deals Gap is OK during the week, weekends it's a zoo. Cherohala Skyway is a great option, better scenery, less traffic, less curves, less chaos.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #12

Name: Ann
Trailer: Casita
Georgia
campground

Scenic Mountain campground is right here in Milledgeville. It is very nice. Has a pool and several fishing ponds. Check it out and spend some time in Milledgeville.
Ann
asmckinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #13

Trailer: Sold 2017 Casita SD
North Carolina
Passport American

Read the fine print for the campgrounds that honor Passport American, the campgrounds I found don't honor the Passport American rate on the weekends, only during the week.
skyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #14

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Read the fine print for the campgrounds that honor Passport American, the campgrounds I found don't honor the Passport American rate on the weekends, only during the week.
It varies greatly from place to place. Many don't offer the discount on weekends, but some do. Many only offer the discount for one night, some offer it for multiple nights. All in all, we've saved a TON of money with our Passport America membership - several hundred dollars in just the first year alone in 2015.