19 vs. 21 Escape...? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #15

Name: Ramona
Trailer: Looking!
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Our first camper was a fifth wheel and we really like the layout of the Escape fifth wheel. We just can’t give up the bed of our truck right now. Fifth wheels tow really nice,, and I like the shorter overall length when hitched to my truck over a bumper pull trailer, despite the larger size of the trailer tub itself.

50/50 if we ever get another trailer it will be the Escape fifth wheel.
Once I learned a bit more about fifth wheels, I was sorry I bought a van instead of a pick up. Pickups are my first love anyway, but I needed something to live out of in the cooler months when the dog could safely stay in the vehicle while I was working. But- more and more I wish I had purchased a nice Chevy 4x4 pickup. Then I would definitely have chosen the fifth wheel, hands down.

Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
When I decided to upsize from my Escape 17B, The "wants" were a built in microwave, a full time 4 person dinette, the 6 cu ft, 2 door refrigerator, and an oven.

I tried the layout of all that in a 19, and while I preferred the size & layout of a reversed 19, I found I'd have little cabinet & drawer space with my requirements. I switched to a 21, and appreciate the larger counter space.

Since I had a rear storage box mounted on the 17, the 21 is only 1' longer than the 17. So far, it has worked well, although I'll admit I found one site over the last 222 days that I had to park the tow vehicle off the trailer site.
Are you saying that Escape will build a reversed layout 19'? I am curious, since the rear dinette is a plus for me.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:32 PM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Are you saying that Escape will build a reversed layout 19'? I am curious, since the rear dinette is a plus for me.
They certainly will, and have done it for a few people. The rear dinette then is massive, a full 60" deep by 80" wide. The bed is only 44" wide then.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They certainly will, and have done it for a few people. The rear dinette then is massive, a full 60" deep by 80" wide. The bed is only 44" wide then.
The last time I checked, it was a $500.00 Canadian option. Even if you add a "U" shaped dinette, you still have a large table...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:35 PM   #19

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
California
19 0r 21 Escape

I like both of them, I decided to buy a used one whatever came up first and was a reasonable distant from me and priced fairly.

I have only used the 19 once and the only compliant I have is one person has to climb over the other to get out of bed.

Good Luck
Randyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #20

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyag View Post
I have only used the 19 once and the only compliant I have is one person has to climb over the other to get out of bed.

Good Luck
Not a problem, as long as the other person is also compliant.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #21

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Our bedtime routine with the 19 was the first one to bed went to the back side, then when one got up for the middle of the night bathroom trip we both went at the same time. I would get in the front side when we got back in bed, as I was always the first up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:09 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
I like both of them, I decided to buy a used one whatever came up first and was a reasonable distant from me and priced fairly.

Good Luck
that was the main reason we upgraded from the casita, we're both kinda broad at the beam, plus I'm 6' tall. the casita bed was intolerable so I ended up sleeping in the dinette-converted-to-a-bed, which is also suboptimal.

with the 21, even if I'm on the street side of the queen, I can scootch off the bed easily enough. and the bed is plenty big enough for both of us to get a good nights sleep.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:11 AM   #23

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
A little bird told me that every flavor/type of Escape trailer is currently at Green Eggs & Ham (17, 19s, 21s, 5.0 TAs). ☺

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #24

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdickens View Post
A little bird told me that every flavor/type of Escape trailer is currently at Green Eggs & Ham (17, 19s, 21s, 5.0 TAs). ☺

Ray
That is a very good point. In fact, that is where we saw the 5.0TA, during a pre-rally get together with some friends.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
If you are looking for big and roomy, the 21 is superior to the 19, as it is both wider and longer than the 19. The 21 was not yet available when I bought our 19, so I didn't have a choice. I really like the layout of the 19 as compared to the 21, and I am very comfortable with a cozier setting. If I was to buy over again and the choice was between a 19 and 21, I would make the same decision to go with the 19'. (Of course, if I was choosing again, I think the 5.0TA would probably win out for me.)

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:36 AM   #26

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17 ft DLX SD & 21 ft SOB
NW Wisconsin
Both the Escape 19 and 21 are nice trailers .That being said one thing I don't like is the fact that few things seem to be standard equipment and everything seems to be a rather expensive option
The base price may be moderate but the final cost is not
Just my observation !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #27

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Options

We’ve had two Escapes which were and are very nicely appointed with options. However, we had a desire to add solar to both units after the purchase as well as a number of other options. We journeyed about 1800 miles to Escape to have this done. All work was done to our complete satisfaction and in the time frame they had predicted and we were comfortable with. Custom work does come with a cost and it’s true there’s some mark up in the equipment cost but we did not find it limiting, unreasonable or exorbitant. Escape Trailer Industries and their employees have been very good to us.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:36 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
As I write this, the exchange rate for CDN is 76 cents to $1 USD. That's like buying a $30,000 trailer for $22,800 for US buyers!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape