Alright, here is my blog... - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
For those that have been asking and suggesting blogspot, I got it started. Will learn how to post my pics, think I have to shrink them, but here is what I got so far. Bookmark it cause I am not going to be so vain as to request visits every time I post...LOL! If you are interested, here it is...

http://hisgirl2455.blogspot.com/

If it doesn't work, let me know, thanks! Hope you all enjoy!

Old 04-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Monica - thanx for posting the link to your blog. Enjoyed reading about your first days on the road - you certainly had some interesting adventures your first few days in Texas. We look forward to visiting the SKP headquarters in Livingston one day too. We are still learning, even after 3 years, but the 'learning curve' is leveling out a bit now. Keep up the posting and have TONS of fun. Bet you are overjoyed to again spend time with family in Alabama. If you are in the northeast, be sure to visit the birthplace of Helen Keller in Tuscumbia - fascinating woman and place. Safe journeys - L 'n D

Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #3

Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Thanks for posting your blog! It'll be fun to read about your adventures as you make your way. Blogger has been really good for us as we've travelled. Family can keep up with us, we have a place to post our stuff (and thereby back it up in case something goes wrong with the laptop). My motto for using blogger..."when in doubt, click about!"

Happy trails!
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #4

Thanks for checking it out girls! I am still fishing around over there trying to get it the way I want it. My writing should get better once I start posting after a few mixed drinks.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #5

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Monica, I have been searching for a long time for a blog that features fulltime egg living.

I will be one of your daily visitors, and am so excited for you. And more than a little envious!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Monica, I have been searching for a long time for a blog that features fulltime egg living.

I will be one of your daily visitors, and am so excited for you. And more than a little envious!
LOL, thanks! I don't know about updating it DAILY, not much going on right now, but if you become a "follower" I think it notifies you when I update it.

When you do go full timing, I highly suggest Escapees!

You will also find that "getting started" is a bit more expensive than I thought, LOL, so be prepared to spend som $$ getting rolling, things tend to come up!

When are you going full timing? Soon?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #7

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Quote:
LOL, thanks! I don't know about updating it DAILY, not much going on right now, but if you become a "follower" I think it notifies you when I update it.

When you do go full timing, I highly suggest Escapees!

You will also find that "getting started" is a bit more expensive than I thought, LOL, so be prepared to spend som $ getting rolling, things tend to come up!

When are you going full timing? Soon?
Even updating a couple of times a week would be GREAT. What seems humdrum to you would probably be very interesting to us armchair fulltimers.

I am not sure I will ever make it to fulltiming. I haven't yet convinced DH that it would be the life for us.

Right now we have a little Aliner, but hope to get a fiberglass egg next year. After that, maybe I could convince him to half time, anyway. He does love camping and we are both retired.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #8

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Monica,

Welcome to the blogisphere!
Looking forward to following your travels with Goof and the She-Scamp.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Monica: Why not add the address to your signature?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #10

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Quote:
Monica: Why not add the address to your signature?
Monica, I placed my blog address in the signature as an interest item only. Folks may or may not pay any attention to it. I don't use the blog for any advertising / income, but solely as a fun place to write and for others to read. You never know what will happen . . . for instance, Oscar received an email last week from Bob & Bonnie, who full time in a Class A motor home. They are in our area and asked Oscar if he'd have his "driver" head over to the Fredericksburg RV Park so Oscar could sit on their laps. LOL

Bob & Bonnie have been in the sun-blocker for 8 years and are interested in an Egg type trailer for some real camping fun. We'll be seeing them next week! They found the blog from the FGRV signature block and are long time HAM radio operators which is something I am interested in doing.

You just never know . . . serendipity happens . . .
Old 05-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Monica, I placed my blog address in the signature as an interest item only. Folks may or may not pay any attention to it. I don't use the blog for any advertising / income, but solely as a fun place to write and for others to read. You never know what will happen . . . for instance, Oscar received an email last week from Bob & Bonnie, who full time in a Class A motor home. They are in our area and asked Oscar if he'd have his "driver" head over to the Fredericksburg RV Park so Oscar could sit on their laps. LOL

Bob & Bonnie have been in the sun-blocker for 8 years and are interested in an Egg type trailer for some real camping fun. We'll be seeing them next week! They found the blog from the FGRV signature block and are long time HAM radio operators which is something I am interested in doing.

You just never know . . . serendipity happens . . .
Thanks for the advice from all, I will add it to my siggy now!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #12

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Monica,
I really enjoyed reading your blog to date... Your style is ingenuous, interesting, and engaging.
Thanks for posting .... and for the blog.
Happy travels.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite (hull #3)
M, good blog, now following it.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #14

I appreciate all of you following me, I can see you!

My question is, how do I find the font that I started with, seems to be gone and I can't just click on the old one to find it...what am I doing wrong...good news, learned how to insert and move pics around, but the font thing is really annoying me, I have OCD and the font must match! What am I doing wrong??