arrrgh! New fulltimer. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #29

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Cyndi,

Here's the Boler parts guy's website. Don't hesitate to call him, nice guy.

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

Norm

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi H View Post
I have a lot to learn. My under bed storage is empty! everything i have i need out b/c i use it everyday. i cleared out all my camping gear to make way for the living stuff. i think i found the way that will work the best though. the only problem is a desk/table. Ive left the bottom dinette table out under the top bunk but cant open the laptop on it. I may have to get slider hardware.
Cindy I know you are handy!! So why not just remove the top bunk for now. Its not hard to do - just a few screws. I actually took mine out the other day just to redo the fabric.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #31

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
British Columbia
Registry
That's great thanks. That was the guy. I did get drawer slides today but i may not use them. having a chair seems to have done the trick. I can sit and see! I lost my camera recently so no pics. I'm getting a new on asap, just want to go accross the border to do it. It's as good as it's going to get i think. I'll post pics when i get the camera.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #32

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Cindy I know you are handy!! So why not just remove the top bunk for now. Its not hard to do - just a few screws. I actually took mine out the other day just to redo the fabric.
Ahhhh, but i am BURNT out. Just went through a big move and am needing r and r. No more renos of any kind. i used what i had to find the right storage drawers and go to 5 stores looking for a Grey water tank (none found) So every cup or two i have to go out and wiggle the hose so my sink drains....sigh. Funny thing is- i cant go to the rally b/c I'm living in my trailer. Too much to get it out there. i thought about a b and b but am non committed. Maybe a day trip. I'd like to get out i missed the last one. Are you in charge of potluck again?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #33

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, Cyndi

I never thought of it til just now, but- how DOES a fulltimer "get away"???
I mean, you're living in what the rest of us use for our "escape pods"...
Could be a whole thread of its own!

Francesca
Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #34

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Cyndi

Francesca
I'm thinking about a bed and breakfast but not sure. A good getaway is out of the trailer though. I'm adjusting, only one or two things need tweaking and it's home (for a bit anyway).
Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #35

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Ahhhh, but i am BURNT out. Just went through a big move and am needing r and r. No more renos of any kind. i used what i had to find the right storage drawers and go to 5 stores looking for a Grey water tank (none found) So every cup or two i have to go out and wiggle the hose so my sink drains....sigh. Funny thing is- i cant go to the rally b/c I'm living in my trailer. Too much to get it out there. i thought about a b and b but am non committed. Maybe a day trip. I'd like to get out i missed the last one. Are you in charge of potluck again?
Yup the potluck is on - so please feel free to join us. Sounds like you could use a few giggles - as you know the group is always good for a few. Gail is putting on a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning at 9AM as well.

If you come out its possible that I *may* have a grey water solution for you (will know for sure late Saturday - maybe sooner).
Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #36

British Columbia
Registry
I may do that. I want a fire! Will the group fire be friday or saturday night? I have a bucket, but the height of it hinders the drainage. It's never been a problem before b/c i could always move the bucket down hill a bit but there is no down hill available here. So i may see you saturday. Gail is so energetic. 9 am- wow.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #37

British Columbia
Registry
Group fire is planned for Friday night and if the weather is decent I suspect that there will be one on Saturday as well..... if not I know of a little birthday party at one of the sites on Saturday night and pretty sure it will have a fire and a few other warming items.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #38

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Group fire is planned for Friday night and if the weather is decent I suspect that there will be one on Saturday as well..... if not I know of a little birthday party at one of the sites on Saturday night and pretty sure it will have a fire and a few other warming items.
I may make it out as a daytrip.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #39

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Cyndi

Francesca
Probably like when you live in a semi truck, a motel stay does wonders.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #40

Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
Quote:
I don't want to make any design changes to it b/c i did a lot of work on it to get it versatile for camping luxury. However, i took it out of camping mode and into f/t mode. It wont be forever (better not be) so i want to be able to use it as a camper again. i see a square trailer in the future....
Hi cyndi H,
I'm curious about your full timing situation. Others who discuss their full timing experiences talk about moving around, seeing the sights, and enjoying life. Many stay in one place for a period of time and when they're ready to move on they 'tie things down' and go. It sounds as though you are parked in a permanent location? I'm not being judgmental, I'm just curious.
When you talk about using square cabinets in rounded corners I think about the saying "You can't put a square peg in a round hole". You are compromising and not happy. Using plastic bags wouldn't look as neat and may not be practical for the personal items you're stacking but they would certainly fit a rounded corner easier than a square stacker. It's a shame you aren't able to enjoy your Boler after organizing it for camping. Good luck.
Barrie
Old 05-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #41

British Columbia
Registry
I took it out of camping mode. The storage has improved a lot. I'm in a garage, using it b/w places only where and when the next place is unknown. I actually found using it for camping too tiring being by myself and i dont have any desire to take it anywhere anymore. It was a touch less work than camping, but more luxurious. It drained me, all the inflating/deflating tires etc. i just found using it exhausting. When i did take people with me they didnt know the routine of setup/takedown so i'd have to do it all myself anyway. I will keep it as a guest house for where ever i settle but doubt i'll ever use it for traveling. maybe see the odd local campsite once in a while but i think the boler's a guesthouse now.