Being Together 24/7 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 PM   #15

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
wow Bryon, you are so right on. If only we all had partners that thought like that. Life would be so nice if we all could keep those thoughts in mind daily and work on making them work for us. Hopefully you and your wife share many more years together. WOW, you are lucky to have each other.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #16

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
wow Bryon, you are so right on. If only we all had partners that thought like that. Life would be so nice if we all could keep those thoughts in mind daily and work on making them work for us.
Remeber a smile breds a smile, a harsh word breds harsh words. It can start with one and soon it will spread to the partner. Habits can change for the better. The enjoyment of life is so much better without the harsh words.
Quote:
Hopefully you and your wife share many more years together.
We just celebrated, or rather forgot to celebrate, our 26th anniversary. Every year has gotten better. Our only regret is that we didn't find each other sooner.
Quote:
WOW, you are lucky to have each other.
We agree. We say that quite often.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #17

Trailer: 1981 17 ft Bigfoot
We full-timed for just under three years but within the first month we met a couple that had been on the road steadily for thirteen years. They gave us wonderful advice - you had better be 'best friends' and if not, learn to be quickly or you won't make it. Luckily we were already friends and the longer we travelled, the better we got along. That's not to say we didn't have 'disagreements' - there were many of those! One thing that we did consciously decide to do was to each have at least one activity that we did apart at least once per week. We found that afterwards we had all sorts of new ideas, thoughts and plans to compare notes on. Full-timing is a great experience - we met wonderful folks and saw amazing sites. If you're thinking about it - go for it! Jim and Pat
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #18

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
We have worked and traveled together 24/7 for the last 16 years. And like everyone said, life has its ups and downs but knowing that your partner is your best friend is the key. Even though we may be doing different tasks while together it is nice to know that if something exciting comes up its just a call and he comes running to share. When we got together years ago, it was with the understanding that we were going to be together all the time while each doing our own interests. I treasure our closeness as friends and lovers. To share the beauty of our country with your best friend means you have memories to share for a life time. And even the blown out tires, the noisey neighbors are more managable when you have someone there to share with.

Yes, card games, movies, special meals, quiet meals by a fire, rainy evening all bring you even closer to your best friend. Go for it our suggestion too.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #19

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
...They discovered late in life that they didn't share much, they were just alone together.
If that don't belong in a song lyric, it should. ... so sad.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #20

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Mike,

My husband and I really enjoy the following game. 3/13. Here we call it progression.

http://www.pagat.com/rummy/3-13.html

One round takes almost an hour. With two people you can get by with one deck of cards. With three people you need two decks. We often have an hour to kill before bedtime and on a rainy night this is fun.

When we do the Grand Marais MN gathering in June, 2008 I think we will have card games at night for those interested as we will have an activity building available.

We also really enjoy Blitz (31) but that is more fun with three or more.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
http://www.pagat.com/rummy/3-13.html

One round takes almost an hour. With two people you can get by with one deck of cards. With three people you need two decks. We often have an hour to kill before bedtime and on a rainy night this is fun.

When we do the Grand Marais MN gathering in June, 2008 I think we will have card games at night for those interested as we will have an activity building available.

We also really enjoy Blitz (31) but that is more fun with three or more.
YES, We too really like 3-13, great game. I donít think I have heard of Blitz (31). Does it go by any other names?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #22

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Maybe you know it as Scat? 31/ Blitz. I sure had trouble finding the rules online for what we call Progression, must be the only people around calling 3/13 that.

http://www.pagat.com/draw/scat.html

Nancy