Best bedding solution - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #15

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
I wanted a mattress topper to add comfort to the bed. I solved, or simplified the unruly sheet problem as such:

- Purchased a twin size topper
- Purchased a full size flat sheet and pillow cases
- Measured and folded the sheet over the topper, then used a sewing machine to stitch up the two ends.
- I left the open long side open with a flap on which I folded the corners in to form an envelope shape.
- I just slide the topper into the "envelope" and tuck the flap under the topper.

This holds the sheet quite nicely on the topper, and makes rolling the topper in the morning a one step process, secured with a bungee.

In the evening, just unroll the topper, tuck the flap and climb on with an open sleeping bag or quilt as a blanket. Quick with little fuss.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #16

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
We use both the large dinette and the side dinette at times. We like to experience both setups. You have a nice sized large table, why not use it, why just turn it into a one way use only feature. Turning it back to a bed on both tables takes minutes. My thoughts only. Carl

Old 09-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #17

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pa View Post
We use both the large dinette and the side dinette at times. We like to experience both setups. You have a nice sized large table, why not use it, why just turn it into a one way use only feature. Turning it back to a bed on both tables takes minutes. My thoughts only. Carl
I agree with you, Carl.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #18

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
I wanted a mattress topper to add comfort to the bed. I solved, or simplified the unruly sheet problem as such:
---------------
....This holds the sheet quite nicely on the topper, and makes rolling the topper in the morning a one step process, secured with a bungee.
Nice. What kind of topper? Where do you store it after it's rolled? Seems like it would be big. I suppose I could just roll it to the foot and leave it there since I can't sit on two cushions at the same time.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:28 PM   #19

Florida
Thank you all. These are great ideas.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:41 PM   #20

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
I sometimes store the bedroll under the table at the back, sometimes I put it in the back of my TV (F150 with a cap), plenty of room there.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:03 PM   #21

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Bedding

I have a Scamp 13 . Since I usually go alone , I removed the heavy top bunk & added a custom fitted lower mattress . When ready for bed , I lift the custom mattress , drop the couch back & replace custom over it . This way I have two sleep options . 1 , table left up & sleep on front or 2 , table down as bed & use couch with small alum. folding table . When with wife , she prefers front & I utilize table . I agree with others using sleeping bags .
Old 09-26-2016, 07:52 AM   #22

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
I have a Scamp 13 . Since I usually go alone , I removed the heavy top bunk & added a custom fitted lower mattress . When ready for bed , I lift the custom mattress , drop the couch back & replace custom over it . This way I have two sleep options . 1 , table left up & sleep on front or 2 , table down as bed & use couch with small alum. folding table . When with wife , she prefers front & I utilize table . I agree with others using sleeping bags .
I too thought about removing the top bunk and widening the mattress/lower cushion. As a couch back, the top bunk takes up about 4" of space that could be used for sleeping. That may be enough to make it comfortable for an adult. But, I didn't understand what you meant by the part I made bold in your quote. Got a Photo?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #23

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Bedding

I meant I sleep on the front bunk in the front of the trailer . I use the original bottom of the front bunk as the back of the couch when awake . The original top bunk , because of weight , I removed & set aside in case I deside to sell & new owner may want bunks .
Old 09-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #24

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
That was my first mod when I brought home my brand new Scamp - I removed useless to me front top bunk/couch back. After that the low bunk makes a nice sleep area for an adult.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
That was my first mod when I brought home my brand new Scamp - I removed useless to me front top bunk/couch back. After that the low bunk makes a nice sleep area for an adult.
Maybe yes.. maybe no.. I so wanted to use the front sofa as a bed but no matter how I try to do that it does not work for me. As they say, YMMV esp if you are less than six foot tall.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #26

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
"it's nice to be small" This is my favourite saying when people WOW when I park next to a big rig
Old 09-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #27

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
I meant I sleep on the front bunk in the front of the trailer . I use the original bottom of the front bunk as the back of the couch when awake . The original top bunk , because of weight , I removed & set aside in case I deside to sell & new owner may want bunks .
I get it now. Use the old bottom cushion for a couch back. I like this idea.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 AM   #28

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile What we do

We leave the rear bed as a bed and use the front, small bed as a table and seats during the day, if we need it. Just the two of us, we eat, play cards, dice games, etc. on the small table. My wife gets the large bed because she is an active sleeper, whereas I sleep like a log and get the cozy, small front bed. We set the laptop on the closed stove and both sit on the large bed for watching DVDs. One thing we found is we bought two of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iu[7].jpg
Views:	22
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	100124

(Ours aren't purple) They make sitting much more comfortable.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote