Blogs & television - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #15

Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
Glad to hear you love your ipad- I've been holding out waiting to see if the next version has the camera for skype. I've read you don't have to sign up for a 3g plan but can buy it a month at a time - which is great for being on the road.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #16

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
OK, I made a blog.. finally :-P. It isn't in a glass trailer, but it is/will contain lots of in for on the lifestyle while in a SMALL trailer.

if ya care, here is is From Tumbleweeds To Tree Tops
Gina,

Your blog is great. I am looking forward to reading more.

Regards,

Matt

Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #17

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK
Glad to hear you love your ipad- I've been holding out waiting to see if the next version has the camera for skype. I've read you don't have to sign up for a 3g plan but can buy it a month at a time - which is great for being on the road.
Yeah, I sometimes sound like an Apple commercial. I'm sitting in the lounge at the Toyota dealership right now waiting for new tires and an alignment. What would have been a miserable two hour wait on Christmas eve actually flew by, since I am able to surf the web, check my email, read the news, play on Facebook, and chat on forums. My car should be ready soon, and I'll be bummed out since I'll have to put my ipad down.

Regarding 3G: iPads are available with or wit 3G. Make sure you get a 3G model if you want to be able to use the internet and/or location services (GPS, etc) while you are away from wifi signals. You activate 3G right on the iPad itself... No phone call, no contract. It will automatically stay active from month to month unless you cancel it (which you can do right on the iPad, too). There are no hidden fees on the 3G service. If you pick the $24.99 service, for example, you'll be charged exactly $24.99.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #18

Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Registry
I was an early adopter and got the original ipad -- and it is terrific for camping, except when we're in an area that doesn't have 3G coverage (which has been more often than not.) But if the campground has access to wireless, it works fine. The ipad has become my "take it anywhere" computer -- travel, work, cabin. Even without 3G, there's enough on it to keep me entertained on a rainy day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne VDK View Post