Burnout? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #41

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
burnout

40 years tenting all over American all 50 states many, many times 4 times to Europe. Me with heart trouble big-time back trouble I never never tire of it.

now I find at 75 I am losing the strength to deal with a tent and all its stuff so I got an A-Liner loved that thing but again back trouble came in the way so now I have a 13f scamp bareboned no bathrooms!

our solution to the expense of traveling our Scamp is a rolling motel room I have been attacked over this! We stop at our friendly Walmarts most of the time. In the am we fire up our stove heat some water and do the military bath thing!

We have been out a month at a time doing this of course we are frugal but what adventures we have had we couldn't afford this stuff otherwise! Take my word for it Europe is worth whatever it takes, we fly there, rent a car and camp out at campgrounds. Did I say they have fantastic places to camp, fantastic weather as man as 4k campers in a place.

My advice stop for a bit, get your batteries recharges and that wanderlust is going to hit again. Our plans for Feb. do the Texas, N.M. tour again and hit quartzsite for the rally!

At 75 I have no intentions of stopping keeps us young!!

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #42

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
I am not sure if their is a solution. To each their own, different stokes, etc. Some folks are natural home bodies. Others are born to wander.

Jill and I find the our pace of life slows down when traveling and our relationship benefits. I suspect others might feel the opposite.

We have traveled to 49 states (many dozens of times) over our 45 years together. Our honeymoon was 8 weeks and 10,000 miles of tent camping, often on snow. And we spend a week at the same Lake Superior beach each year. Its being close to each other and close to nature without the press of commitments at home that we enjoy.

YMMV. John

Pic from Canadian Rockies
Attached Thumbnails
Canadian Rockies.jpg  
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #43

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
good post john if you get too bored may I suggest a tent trip to Europe. 4 trips and not one regret, got my wallet stolen in Rome they didn't try to even use anything. I could say something of course but better not.

I want adventure I want to go to St. Benards pass once again, I want to go to Rome again 3rd trip, I want to go to Switzerland again oh so many ideas and wants. I may be gone tomorrow! my life is full. Happy!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #44

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Linck View Post
I am not sure if their is a solution. To each their own, different stokes, etc. Some folks are natural home bodies. Others are born to wander.

Jill and I find the our pace slows down when traveling and our relationship benefits. I suspect others might feel the opposite.

We have traveled to 49 states (many dozens of times) over our 45 years together. Our honeymoon was 8 weeks and 10,000 miles of tent camping, often on snow. And we spend a week at the same Lake Superior beach each year. Its being close to each other and close to nature without the press of commitments at home that we enjoy.

YMMV. John

Pic from Canadian Rockies
Nice picture. Looks like Athabasca Falls near Jasper, AB.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote