Camping in 3 states - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #29
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Or maybe he is under 'house arrest' but wants to travel.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #30
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

I'm not familiar with other mail services but one aspect of Escapee's Mail Services we like is their mail forwarding. Call or email Escapees mail and they almost immediately send your mail where ever you want. We typically use small town post offices we'll be passing through. We've absolutely never had a problem.

Over the years the amount of mail we receive has shrunk dramatically, another positive of the travel lifestyle.
Norm, Escapees is now establishing domicile with their Florida address for that, but I know you already have that taken care of, being at one of the parks.

I always hear that their mail service is excellent. Others also think their (other) mail services are great, too, some in SD, some in FL. Can't say that I have seen anyone who did not like his mail service. Some now scan all of the mail and send that to you to see what you want out of it. Some will open your mail and read it, if you want. Everyone seems to be happy with their mail service! But, yes, I guess Escapees is the biggest and most well known and is very well liked.

Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #31
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Or "Maybe" he is just wanting to disappear????? One could write about 50 scenarios based on his posts, both those deleted and not deleted.
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #32
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16

My goal is to eliminate mail in total. The whole concept of mail is approaching obsolete for me. I don't think there's anything we get of real importance other than our Escapee magazine and i believe it's available on-line to members.

The most important item I guess is packages and soon that will be eliminated. Possibly a computer controlled vehicle carrying a little robot will deliver packages or a flock of drones.

Things change...
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 PM   #33
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Just remember, tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion is not.....
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #34
Name: William
Trailer: Casita SD17
New Jersey
I deleted the posts that had too much personal information, because I've had people in the past try to disrupt my life. I've lived in several different states over the years, and in almost all of them, there was an element of "you can't use a PO box as a home address". This thread was about trying to be outside the jurisdiction of any one state, so as to avoid the requirement of having a physical address. I'm not trying to avoid paying taxes, or hide from anyone, I'm just trying to live in a trailer full-time. I wanted to use camp-grounds instead of trailer-parks, because the camp-grounds are a lot closer to where I work. People could say, "Ah-ha, got you! You can't live at a camp-ground! I'm going to call the police now." That is why I want to be 100% legal. I thought by using FL/TX/SD I could be 100% legal. When this thread started taking a crazy direction, I deleted some of my posts. From what I've learned over the last few days, I probably will need to remain a resident of NJ, and find a way to make that work. The worst-case scenario is that I live in a trailer-park.
whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #35
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Thanks for the clarifications, William. Good luck with it!
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 PM   #36
Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
I've been fighting the no P.O. box issue for 5 years 2 1/2 years my physical address didn't show up on maps... I was staying in campground on Tn. River. Now at a RV / trailer park. It was a problem that caused the state to cancel my vehicle registration 2 times right after renewing it. Good thing it was my secondary vehicle. I still use my P O BOX address and have to reiterate that I only receive mail there and not my physical address.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #37
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Darrell, I've run into somewhat same thing here with just having a PO Box in a town that doesn't have any USPS home delivery. My address does show up on a map. I've found it funny and annoying with how many times I've had problems trying to explain to people that yes, there are still small towns that exist that only use a box for mail in the USA.
For those of you that full time, I'm glad you have options that work for you.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #38
Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
Find a mail service or someone who will allow you to use their address for your license, registration and insurance. We used one in Green Cove Springs, FL but there are dozens. All you need is something that satisfies the bean counters in whichever state you decide to use.
We only got snail mail a few times a year when we were on the boat but maintained all our "official" stuff from that cubby in FL. They did have the documents needed to claim domicile ( legal residence) on their website but St Brendan's Isle has sold since our time so don't know if they still do. One bonus, we got to vote absentee in FL, where they only open the absentee ballots if the number might change an outcome!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Denece is offline   Reply With Quote