Cats and camping - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #41

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Pretty cat. He looks like one of ours that does not camp with us. Someday, when the old cats pass, and we are retired and hopefully have a larger camper, the others will probably become campers with us too. No, that won't work. One of the big ones picks on one of the little ones. Can't keep them together. Our house right now is divided by gates all over, as we have 3 that do not get along.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #42

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Pretty cat. He looks like one of ours that does not camp with us. Someday, when the old cats pass, and we are retired and hopefully have a larger camper, the others will probably become campers with us too. No, that won't work. One of the big ones picks on one of the little ones. Can't keep them together. Our house right now is divided by gates all over, as we have 3 that do not get along.

CindyL

Oh dear. I know what that is like.

How about returning to cat integration basics, 101. At any point if integration backfires, slow down or return to the start all over again.

Seems like they've likely got a good history with not getting along and into turf wars.

Jen
Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:19 AM   #43

Registry
The gates work. The alpha was spraying when we let him into the diningroom, but with him locked in the kitchen and basement, the diningroom is open for his rival (All the other cats can jump the fence to come and go as they like.). In turn, we keep the diva Munchkin from being beaten up by the alpha-wannabe, but blocking him from the upstairs where we keep them. It works. No more peeing.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #44

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
The gates work. The alpha was spraying when we let him into the diningroom, but with him locked in the kitchen and basement, the diningroom is open for his rival (All the other cats can jump the fence to come and go as they like.). In turn, we keep the diva Munchkin from being beaten up by the alpha-wannabe, but blocking him from the upstairs where we keep them. It works. No more peeing.

CindyL
Sounds like a happy truce, if it works, then it is good!
Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #45

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I am Cincinnati,
I defy any of you to try and take me anywhere. You'll gladly make arrangements to have me watched after at home the next time you feel like wandering.
Attached Images

Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:19 AM   #46

Registry
We had a change in cats since I last posted on this thread. Our alpha cat had to be put to sleep last fall; he was old and there was nothing else the vets could do. Then one of our traveling Munchkins injured himself while we were on a trip that he was not on. We were warned that with his nerve injury, he might become incontinent. We did laser treatments, but the vets think he injured himself a second time. While we were on another trip, we came home and he had obviously become incontinent, so we had to euthanize him. The vets said that at that point there would be nothing they could do.

So, we have adopted this little one and pick her up in 3 weeks. She was in a home where big dogs were "trying to eat" her and was taken in to be euthanized, as the owners were tired of it. We hope since she is only 2, she will be playful and get along with Sonny, one of our traveling Munchkins, as I think he has been lonely since his buddy Toby has been gone. We also hope she will learn to travel.

Sonny is the Munchkin begging while the other photos are Lally, our soon-to-be Munchkin.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Lollipop 1.jpeg   Lollipop 2.jpeg  

Lollipop 3.jpeg  
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2016, 06:28 AM   #47

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I love rescue pets, all of mine are....2 dogs and 2 cats.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #48

Registry
Ours are also, all 6 of our cats: Elizabeth was thrown from a car and the neighbor brought her over, thinking she was ours. She became ours.

Archer was in KY, listed on Petfinder as a Munchkin. Well, yes he is, but long-legged. He is a tuxedo, intended to replace an adopted tuxie Munchkin who had to be euthanized at age 1, due to vet incompetence.

J.B. (stands for Jake Break which is what his growling sounds like when around strange cats) was from TN, also a long-legged tuxie Munchkin.

Ellie is a Munchkin who was rescued from a horrific mink farm by Specialty Purebred Cat Rescue.

Sonny is a Munchkin rescued by SPCR from a hoarder (and I believe a backyard breeder) in KY.

Lally was rescued by Midwest Animal Rescue in Murphysboro, IL.

The attached photos are Archer and Ellie, the latter who is going to the vet right now.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Archer.jpg  
Attached Images