Clothing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #15

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
For extended trips I have a large dowel with a couple of wire hooks on the ends which fit easily over two built-in hooks in the rear of the Honda. The full width of the vehicle can accommodate suits, the various pants and shirts, the odd tuxedo, ballroom gown, etc. without trashing the view out back when we are unhooked. The closet takes the rest, plus there are a number of hooks on the outside of the bathroom wall.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #16

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
Whenever we are on vacation my uniform is tee shirt shorts and sandals.
I figure when I retire that will be my full time outfit.
If it gets to cold for that its time to move on.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:01 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We carry clothes for two weeks for two people. Usually I end up washing clothes once a week and am trying to get myself to downsize my carry on.

Wet towels. What do people do? We always have towels strung around in the back of the van after showers. Either over bicycles or hung from clotheslines I string around in the van.

I'm not real wild about micro fiber and have not yet gone to hand towels for showers. We do use thin old ones at least.

OK, so we need to spend more time in the desert where stuff will dry instead of rainy places.

Thanks Joy and Per for your ideas.

Nancy
Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #18

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Wet towels. What do people do? We always have towels strung around in the back of the van after showers. Either over bicycles or hung from clotheslines I string around in the van.

I'm not real wild about micro fiber and have not yet gone to hand towels for showers. We do use thin old ones at least.

Nancy
Have you tried "micro fiber towels"? I assume you something like this. I've used this type of towel and they work pretty darn good. Now you've reminded me I might need to update my 1980 version.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #19

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:

Nancy
Have you tried micro fiber towels? They work really good. Now you've reminded me I just ordered two of these.
(Love REI dividends)

Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #20

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Wet towels. What do people do? We always have towels strung around in the back of the van after showers.
I installed towel rails (with the rails made of bungie cords stretched between two wood blocks -- much kinder to a hip, elbow, or shoulder that bums into them) on the back of our "bathroom" door. I'm planning to replace our bathroom door with something that has a kind of "panel door" look, with a curvy central mirror (from IKEA) bracketed by punched aluminum panels that will increase ventilation and help the towels dry faster.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom_Door_Design.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	11740
Old 02-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Byron, thanks for the links. I have looked at those, but ones (cheaper) I have not liked at all. The two you have links for are different fabrics. Would you post later what you think of the one you ordered? The one you ordered comes in two colors, like that. If I could feel dry after using one I would be happy to switch from cotton.

Peter, lucky you to have a bathroom door! Good idea. I just have eye hooks all over the place for my clotheslines. Dry the stuff (in trailer) going down the road during the day, strung around the van during the night.

Nancy
Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #22

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
We've had luck with an electric towel-warmer on the bathroom wall. 43 watts (off an inverter when boondocking).
Old 02-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #23

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
If you have a dedicated space for wet stuff, whether it's a full bath or back of a truck inside a canopy... if you can get the air moving, even cool air, stuff will dry. I've been known to open the outside window in my trailer bathroom and turn on a fan (that clamps on to the shower rod) on high to dry some soggy towels. I was hooked up to shore power so running the fan for hours wasn't a problem and it did the trick.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #24

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Wet towels. What do people do?
We have 2 sets of towel racks inside the bathroom. One on the inside of the bathroom door (as seen in the photo) and another like it on the wall over the toilet.

Name:	Bathroom.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	11741

We also have towel racks on the inside of the entry door.

Name:	Entry_and_Fridge.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	11742

and on the outside of the closet door (no picture).
Old 02-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - we borrowed a terrific idea from Joy A. Since we added an upper storage cabinet over the dinette/bed in the rear, we can use two tension-type shower rods. Joy's installation was permanent but this works well for us - we store the rods when towing. If park rules permit, sometimes we just drape our towels over the patio chairs to dry in the sun.

Now that we are back in the west, things dry MUCH faster than in the humidity of the mid-west & Florida. L 'n D
Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #26

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yeap, my first trip in my Scamp it drove me crazy that there was no where to hang towels. Having the overhead rear cabinet I took a 1 inch dowel cut to size and placed it in between the rear cabinet and the cabinet over the sink. I simply ran a screw through the cabinets into the dowel. I did the same for the curb side between the overhead cabinet and the closet.

Placed the dowels far enough away from the windows that I could hang clothes on hangers if I ever chose to. This distance was just such that I was able to add shelves behind the rods. I use the shelves for VCR/DVD's on the street side and CD's on the curb side. I use the street side rod for kitchen towels and the curb side holds bath towels while drying.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #27

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
It doesn't seem like many of you consider the tow vehicle as a place to store things. That would seem to make much more sense to me than having to trip over things or squeeze them into the trailer. Good place to hang dress clothes, too; usually you can hang a suit bag in the back seat.

Bobbie
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I hung wet stuf like towels and swim suits in the back of the pickup; hatch was open in camp during day and side windows partly open on the road.