Clothing - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Arrow

Quote:
I'll be blunt... HOT FLASHES... and we get NIGHT SWEATS, which is different than wearing sweats from Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren

Saves the propane, no need to run the furnace in the winter

Darn, you got the jump on me on that one.
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #42

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Anyone who's experienced hot flashes knows how a sleeping bag gets damp inside. And regular beds and bedding, and pillow cases...

I've never experienced hot flashes. Once is a while I have a bright idea flash, but that goes away before it can cause any troubles.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Okay back on topic, otherwise we'll have to move this entire thread to Jokes and Tall Tales

I use an extension rod inside the trailer bathroom as my closet. I can hang clothing in the back portion and it really doesn't interfere with using the facilities. It's nice if my coat gets soaking wet (or swimsuits, etc.) I can just let them drip in the shower area. No problemo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	108_0850.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	11785
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #44

Registry
Quote:
Byron, thanks for the links. I have looked at those, but ones (cheaper) I have not liked at all. The two you have links for are different fabrics. Would you post later what you think of the one you ordered? The one you ordered comes in two colors, like that. If I could feel dry after using one I would be happy to switch from cotton.

Peter, lucky you to have a bathroom door! Good idea. I just have eye hooks all over the place for my clotheslines. Dry the stuff (in trailer) going down the road during the day, strung around the van during the night.

Nancy
Our REI towels arrived today. I haven't tried it yet, but Anne just did. According to her they do nice job of getting you dry, better than terry cloth. Just 5 minutes after use they're already dryer than a terry cloth towel would be.

I'll add my results tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:59 AM   #45

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
I'll add my results tomorrow.
Anne gets to bath on odd #ed days, Byron on even ones. It's a leap year, so they will run into problems this weekend, I think

I too use the bathroom for heavily wet stuff... it's a wet bath.. thats what it's there for!

My bath towel usually hangs on a loop holder just outside the bathroom, which is conveniently located directly across from my furnace.

For storage, I got a plastic bin about normal "Tub" size at big lots. It has ventilation, and handles. It fits perfectly under my bed on the floor, so it acts as a giant drawer. Linens and things go in the overhead storage.

My clothes closet now has shelves in it and it's used for my dishes and pans etc. A carry over of a mod from my original 13 footer. Very handy!

I have a crhome fixture with scrolly bits and hooks for my jackets and hats right inside the door.

Can't take pics, my rig is still down the hill. It will come home this weekend
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Anne gets to bath on odd #ed days, Byron on even ones. It's a leap year, so they will run into problems this weekend, I think
Gotta save money for gas somehow.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #47

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
I find I can pack LOADS of cloth items if I use one of those cloth storage cases rather than a suitcase or RubberMaid container. They come in different sizes so I can sort the clothing and tuck it away in some of the small corners, although the ones I bought match my decor and can be left out in the open. They also have small cedar strips tucked into the inside flaps (I bought them that way) so it keeps out the moths and helps everything smell fresh.

Now...if only I could find a place for my shoe collection...

Signed,

Imelda Marcos
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #48

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Now...if only I could find a place for my shoe collection...

Signed,

Imelda Marcos
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote