Creative places to park - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-23-2015, 11:03 PM   #15
Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Katie, like Ron says, $1,000 a month seems really high to me. As a travel nurse are you staying in one place for just a day or two? That could add up because you'd have to pay a daily rate. But if you stay a week or a month in one place, you almost always get a cheaper per day rate. Most RV parks that cater to "permanent" residents charge in the neighborhood of $325 to $500 a month.

Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #16
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
You'll need a spigot for water and a sewer cleanout to dump your waste. Most homes have a sewer cleanout somewhere - look for a white PVC pipe with a cap sticking out of the ground.
Best make sure that it's not the access to shut off the home's city water before you try to dump. I've not found a sewer cleanout at my home, and I've been here more than 35 years.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #17
Name: Dave
Trailer: Escape
Does the OP's 13' trailer have a bathroom and black tank? I do not recall seeing mention of that in the original post. If not, I would expect that having a place to stay with bathroom and showers may required. It may be of limited value for the OP to stay in someone's yard or driveway without access to a bathroom.
Dave W - 2013 Escape 19' and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #18
Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
How much of that $1,00 a month is for the spot, and how much for electric? If you're NOW in Utah, it must be a bit nippy.

monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #19
Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Locally I have known campers to get permission from a nearby friendly farmer to set up in the yard. In small towns go to the local coffee shop and act friendly! Farms, acreages, churches, service clubs and Fish and Game groups etc - all are worth trying.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #20
Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Another idea that may or may not work for you. Traveling nurses are needed in National Parks and recreation areas. My rent here in Utah at Lake Powell is $150/mo. I am not a nurse, but they run a clinic here and need nurses during the summer. Also found traveling nurses manning clinics in Yellowstone NP and at Amazon for their Christmas season build up. Yellowstone was $100/mo and Amazon was free. I am sure there are a lot more jobs such as the ones that I have come across for traveling nurses. AND you get to see some of the most beautiful places in the country and meet people from all over the world. AND you get paid to do it! Good luck!

Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote