Dog fencing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #15

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I use this stake with 3 dogs; bangs into the ground with a hammer easily, the dome makes it easy to pull up, and the swivel on top accomodates all 3 cable tie-outs. With the stake as the pivot point, the dogs don't get all tangled up.

Top Paw® Dome Stake Dog Tie-out | Tie-Outs | PetSmart
That would work with normal dogs if you have a large open area. I have one who weaves in and out compulsively (I once saw him go through the straps of a backpack that was on the ground), and one in a cart who gets tangled easily in said weavings.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #16

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: TrailsWest
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Hi Gina.....

So Shiela, I don't full time but use fences for Lily. I bought 3 sets which come in 8 panels each. They are 2 foot x 2 foot which is plenty for containing Lily she would never attempt to jump over it. She slightly over a foot tall, a Poodle. So that gives me 24 panels. I separated them into:
3 - 4 panels
1 - 6 panel
1 - 2 panel

This lets me configure them however I choose for the moment, instead of always having to deal with an 8 panel set or two. You'll notice that only adds to 20 panels, the remaining panels are always left at home for blocking off the kitchen area.

Like Gina says about her baby, Lily has more room than I do but Hey, she's my priority. I like the idea that Lily can come and go as she pleases. It also a nice feeling to step out of the trailer into another room. I always have my awning out which definitely makes it feel as another room.
What brand or brands of X-pen do you have that you can separate into separate panels or groups of panels? I looked in a couple local pet stores and it didn't look like the ones they had could be separated like that. I'm considering this option and it would be really handy to not have to deal with the whole thing at once.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #17

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
You purchase the "panels" separately. The Panels are actually 4 to 6 sections. They do not come apart individually.

One of my panels has a gate, and I zip tie the panels together, since I have them up for 4-6 months at a stretch.

No particular brand, they all seem the same quality. Mine are a mixed bag, having added on over the years. They all seemed to have weathered well after almost 8 years outside.

Hi JOY! Yes, the cookie drying racks work well for blocking the underside of the trailer. I zip tie those together as well.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #18

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
BTW, I use the 36 inch tall ones. (Beagle) They now also serve as a cat yard. My cat is getting old, is very fat and he can not jump them anymore. He is a much happier camper, now that he can sit outside off leash and watch all the things scurrying by and flying overhead.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
The brand pens I have are Precision Pet Products. The panels are connected with a long rod and a nut on the bottom. So you can easily separate them into what ever configuration I'd like.

You can see the loop at the top of the rod where the panels are attached. The nut is on the bottom. When I separated the panels I put the rod back in place. You can see one at each end of this 2 panel set.
Attached Thumbnails
Lily's Fence.jpg  
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #20

One of my 3 fence sets has two metal pieces that join the panels together. They are also Precision Pet Product but not made to take apart. I was on a trip when I decided to purchase it and then miles down the road is when I realized that the fence wasn't really made to take apart.

So if you know me, where there is a will there is a way. That's when I pried the metal pieces off, thereby separating the panels into the configuration I wanted.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #21

Here's the little fences under the door. The bottom picture has a cooling rack standing on end where "the little fence" attaches to the Big fence, this fills in a bigger gap. I know with Lily I don't need to fill in the gap but you never know.
Attached Thumbnails
Fence #4.jpg   Fence #2.jpg  

Old 08-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #22

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
I use sheep fencing at agility trials, when I saw another member here do the same. I just wrap it all the way around my trailer so I don't have to worry about dogs ducking under the trailer. It also makes it easier to follow the shade. I don't leave my dogs alone in it, if I need to go to run a course or to visit someone, they are crated, but if I am there they respect the fence. It is really light and easy to use (on grass or soft soil). I already had some so I didn't have to invest.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #23

Shiela,

Here's a couple of campsite pictures:

The top picture has the awning legs outside of Lily's yard and the bottom picture has them inside the yard making it larger.

The one with the legs outside is configured as follows starting from the Door/right.

2 panel - 6 panel - 4 panel this give me a door where the panels overlap near the trailer door and then another where the 6 & 4 panel come together. Of course the little cooling rack fence span from the 2 to 4 under across the tire and under the door.

The one with the legs on the inside of Lily's yard starting from the right is
2 panel - 4 panel - 6 panel - 4 panel that leaves on 4 panel that I didn't use.
Attached Thumbnails
2008-6-29 High Cliff SP site 81 WI #2.JPG   2015-2-8 Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ 1.jpg  

Old 08-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #24

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
I use sheep fencing at agility trials, when I saw another member here do the same. I just wrap it all the way around my trailer so I don't have to worry about dogs ducking under the trailer. It also makes it easier to follow the shade. I don't leave my dogs alone in it, if I need to go to run a course or to visit someone, they are crated, but if I am there they respect the fence. It is really light and easy to use (on grass or soft soil). I already had some so I didn't have to invest.
It seems like it has awfully big openings- I don't know that mine would respect it if they hadn't seen it electrified. Mine are like that with the xpen- great if I'm there but if I try walking away I remember quickly that Jack is a Houdini as he is by my side in seconds.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:21 AM   #25

Washington
Registry
This is what I use underneath.

https://smile.amazon.com/Prevue-Pet-...l+animal+fence