Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
- 224 pages
- Width: 5.20"
- Height: 7.30"
Hope you have room for the book.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:28 AM   #16
Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Jen, I'm afraid she would sell one of our kids before she would part with any of her sewing stuff. She makes large quilts as a hobby and uses all three machines.

However, she recommends the less expensive of the three...the one I ordered for her for Christmas. She wanted it to sew thru the heavy cuffs of my jeans, and it does that without any problems/ She is now using the machine to make curtains for our Scamp.

It is a Singer 4423 Heavy duty sewing machine that I paid $126.76 with free shipping from Amazon. It arrived in about 5 days.

Of course,there are many sewing machines that can be purchased for much less, but, my wife has had good results with this one.

Oh! That is a heavy duty one for sure. I grew up into my sewing on cast iron industrial sewing machines. Looking for much lighter. I will wait, no rush at all.

Also, Gilda a few years back, (17 now,) before I was online I scoured a few libraries reading everything I could about simple living, simplistics, and living with less. I was working as a live in Nanny at the time and was down to a car load of items but, didn't have a car just then and still felt I had too much.

Fast forward these 15 years and I've completed my degrees, gone into the service and moved countless times. Picked up new hobbies and the items that go with them, built a home base of a house, married, divorced and downsized again. Right now as I am in my motel room with everything I am sure it will fit in the back of my small bed pick up but, know that I could trim a lot more!! It has grown again in the last month.<_<

Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #17
Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
I came across this book at Urban Outfitters the other day and was intrigued. I think you will be too.

The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up By Marie Kondo - Urban Outfitters

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up - The Japanese Art of De-cluttering and Tidying Up

Product Sku: 36645786; Color Code: 000
This hardcover book about the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing is a bestseller that shares simple tips that have changed countless lives. (No, really!) If your place is a disaster area, Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo can teach you how to properly simplify and organize your home once, so you never have to do it again. With detailed guidance for determining which items in your house "spark joy" (and which don't), this book will help you clear your clutter and enjoy the unique magic of a tidy home - and the calm, motivated mindset it can inspire. Published by Ten Speed Press.

Content + Care
- Imported

- 224 pages
- Width: 5.20"
- Height: 7.30"

Hi Gilda, I just bought this book two weeks ago and it actually works if you do it in the order that she tells you to do. Also, I've folded my clothes the way she says you should do it and all of a sudden, I have tons of space in my drawers but you have to start with you're clothes first, then books.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Life would be a million times better if there were Pinatas strategically placed throughout the day.
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #18
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
Bingo! I'm glad to hear the "Tidying" book has worked for some of you. I borrowed my copy from the library, read it in one day, jotted down the "highlighted" tips, returned the book and got working. I was truly amazed at how motivating this book was for me! I have read every organizing book, magazine and online article on the subject. None resonated like this book! I was quite impressed about how much I enjoy having my tee shirts folded in my drawer. I said "goodbye" to my work clothes (I have been retired for 4 years now and wear few of those pieces)

Frankly papers have always been my difficulty. Here are four basic questions regarding paper clutter that I have found useful.
  • Is there a specific circumstance where this information would be useful again (as opposed to a vague sense of 'I might need it later')?
  • How hard would it be for me to get this information again if I ever did need it?
  • How resent and up to date is this information?
  • Is it actually worth my time to file this piece of paper and have to deal with it again?
The Gleeful Glamper
Gilda (Jill-da)
"Here we go again on another amazing adventure"
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #19
Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
There is a new one "Sparks Joy" that actually is more helpful to me

Round Two
Wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Denece is offline   Reply With Quote