Driver's license with no permanent home. - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 5,239
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
In 2012, 29 million people admitted to driving drunk at least once, well more than 1%, particularly when you consider the percentage of people not old enough to drive.

How many can say they've never driven after drinking more than a couple of drinks?

Good for you if you can.
I can, but then I've been a teetotaler all my life.
__________________

__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,914
Norm, what's your source for that 29 million number. I did some searching and the numbers and methodology are all over the board, depending on the sites agenda?


This is a good example of misleading information: Government Study: 1 In 12 Drivers Admit Driving Drunk | Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
__________________

__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 5,239
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Norm, what's your source for that 29 million number. I did some searching and the numbers and methodology are all over the board, depending on the sites agenda?


This is a good example of misleading information: Government Study: 1 In 12 Drivers Admit Driving Drunk | Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Thanks for showing the link Bob,even though it does not support your argument.
Don't forget... "One can always shop the internet for the answers they want to find"...

Beer sales in the US ... 6,200,000,000 gallons
Wine sales in the US.... 3,960,000,000 bottles
Whiskey and other distilled spirits...???
All that and almost nobody ever drives drunk, we're doin' pretty good!
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 2,862
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I bought a car in North Dakota (I was in the Army) and registered and paid Iowa tax on it. Iowa Wavered the inspection.

When I went to Texas with the Iowa Tags, I got a Texas inspection.
__________________
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:47 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
Alabama
Posts: 823
If not drinking how about texting and dialing?
Tests have shown that the that cell phone may be as dangerous as driving and drinking....or is that drinking and driving?
__________________
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
honda03842's Avatar
 
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Posts: 7,147
For Bob. My original number was from MADD

Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center
__________________
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:06 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,914
I'd rather have data from a source that does not have a vested interest in their statistics.


MAAD has shifted it's interest towards reducing alcohol consumption in general and has drifted away from it's original goals, leading to the departure of founder Candice Lightner many years ago.


Of interest to Floyd is that they are advocating that every vehicle have a Breathalyzer type device. Here is a statement they submitted to Charity Navigator, where they are rated a 2 on a scale of 4.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...9#.Vibxq69dGM8
Mission

The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking. When MADD was founded in 1980, drunk driving was considered socially acceptable behavior despite the fact over 22,000 people were being killed annually in drunk driving crashes on America's roadways. Since that time, drunk driving fatalities have declined by more than half and more 300,000 lives have been saved. Our Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving focuses on three components:
- Support high-visibility law enforcement to catch drunk drivers and discourage others from driving drunk.
- Require ignition interlock devices, or in-car breathalyzers, for all drunk drivers, to prove they are sober before their car will start.
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk.

Italics added.
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 5,239
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I'd rather have data from a source that does not have a vested interest in their statistics.


MAAD has shifted it's interest towards reducing alcohol consumption in general and has drifted away from it's original goals, leading to the departure of founder Candice Lightner many years ago.


Of interest to Floyd is that they are advocating that every vehicle have a Breathalyzer type device. Here is a statement they submitted to Charity Navigator, where they are rated a 2 on a scale of 4.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...9#.Vibxq69dGM8
Mission

The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking. When MADD was founded in 1980, drunk driving was considered socially acceptable behavior despite the fact over 22,000 people were being killed annually in drunk driving crashes on America's roadways. Since that time, drunk driving fatalities have declined by more than half and more 300,000 lives have been saved. Our Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving focuses on three components:
- Support high-visibility law enforcement to catch drunk drivers and discourage others from driving drunk.
- Require ignition interlock devices, or in-car breathalyzers, for all drunk drivers, to prove they are sober before their car will start.
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk.

Italics added.
I think they have such a program in IllAnnoy, maybe for second offense?
As you know my earlier comment was meant to show the ridiculous extreme. No one seems to realize how long ago we left that line behind.
In Washington State they actually have introduced a bill advocating a pollution tax on excess CO2 produced by bicyclists because they claim they have an elevated heart rate and thus exhale more than a person at rest.
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,727
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
In Washington State they actually have introduced a bill advocating a pollution tax on excess CO2 produced by bicyclists because they claim they have an elevated heart rate and thus exhale more than a person at rest.
thats an interesting spin on what actually happen back in 2013.

No one introduced a bill advocating a pollution tax on bicyclists.They did though introduced a bill advocating sales tax on bikes.

Washington State Rep. Ed Orcutt Says Bike Riders Pollute The Environment, Should Be Taxed

State Lawmaker defends bike tax
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 5,239
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
thats an interesting spin on what actually happen back in 2013.

No one introduced a bill advocating a pollution tax on bicyclists.They did though introduced a bill advocating sales tax on bikes.

Washington State Rep. Ed Orcutt Says Bike Riders Pollute The Environment, Should Be Taxed

State Lawmaker defends bike tax
CO2 pollution was the inane and disingenuous justification used by Mr Ed to get people behind him to pass this nonsense. Now we all know what's behind Mr. Ed, don't we? Exhaling methane?
If there was "spin" it was Mr.Ed's.
What next? a "shoe tax" with the same stupid reasoning?
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,727
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
CO2 pollution was the inane and disingenuous justification used by Mr Ed to get people behind him to pass this nonsense. Now we all know what's behind Mr. Ed, don't we? Exhaling methane?
If there was "spin" it was Mr.Ed's.
What next? a "shoe tax" with the same stupid reasoning?
Your right Floyd it was only Mr. Ed's spin on the proposed sales tax (note not a polluting tax) on bikes, in addition to his rational that bike riders use roads, so therefor they should contribute in some small way to the maintaining them. RE his Co2 spin, Mr Ed would later apologize for putting his own polluting spin on the proposed" sales tax" on bikes.

You got to admit it was a bit humours thus the reason his email in which he suggested that bicyclists where polluting due to the high levels of CO2, made its way around the world to the bike riding communities shortly after he sent it and has now 4 years later made it all the way back.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 5,239
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Your right Floyd it was only Mr. Ed's spin on the proposed sales tax (note not a polluting tax) on bikes, in addition to his rational that bike riders use roads, so therefor they should contribute in some small way to the maintaining them. RE his Co2 spin, Mr Ed would later apologize for putting his own polluting spin on the proposed" sales tax" on bikes.

You got to admit it was a bit humours thus the reason his email in which he suggested that bicyclists where polluting due to the high levels of CO2, made its way around the world to the bike riding communities shortly after he sent it and has now 4 years later made it all the way back.
Not humorous when you see where its going long term.
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Gennaver's Avatar
 
Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Posts: 125
getting your mail while full time rv link

I just came across this, might have been mentioned before.

Getting Mail While Living On an RV - The Allstate Blog
__________________
Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:55 AM   #70
Member
 
Lynn M's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: still shopping/Little Guy
Nevada
Posts: 33
So from what I'm reading, the only "legal" way to full-time (with my belongings in storage)' is to "move to S. Dakota, Florida, or Texas to have a valid drivers license. Not sure about car insurance though. I recently became a resident of Nevada, and have Medicare. It takes months to find a new doctor on Medicare, so I'm trying not to switch states again. I would drive back to Reno for doctor appointments and medication renewal. Medicare does not go other states when you are traveling. I have no family or friends to use their address, so I'm still at a loss.
__________________

__________________
........Lynn
Lynn M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
license


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No permanent home no mo Bill MacDermod Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer 40 09-05-2013 10:48 PM
Passport card vs. Enhanced Driver's License Bobbie Mayer General Chat 4 06-14-2012 01:25 PM
Speeding Driver Donna D. Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 5 12-05-2005 05:31 PM
A Happy Burro Driver Legacy Posts General Chat 1 06-29-2003 10:29 PM
Texas Driver's Education Classes Legacy Posts Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 16 02-21-2003 02:09 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.