Driver's license with no permanent home. - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #81

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
There are certainly pitfalls and mazes to be dealt with and I am sure I will not ever be fully informed since those charged with administration of these programs are seldom fully informed themselves.

Actually, some of the best sources of information for Medicare are the billing people in health provider offices. These are the people who have to deal with the screen of confusion daily when billing Medicare for their patients, and can generally provide a good explanation as to what is and isn't covered under any given circumstance. They also can provide valid opinions on which supplemental plans provide good coverage and which ones are crappy. And almost any good CPA can provide better information about Social Security than the program administrators who, as you say, are not always fully informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-01-2016, 05:33 PM   #82

Name: Lynn
Trailer: still shopping/Little Guy
Nevada
Yes, I was a ICU nurse, then Manager, then Hospital Supervisor who managed a 300 bed Trauma Center. But I admit I've been ignorant about Medicare. I had originally signed up for AARP United plan but when I moved to Reno, I didn't realize it wasn't nationwide coverage, and I was dropped, before I even knew it.
I found I couldn't choose Original Medicare w/ a supplemental plan because no one would except my high risks or the premiums were too high. So I ended up with an advantage plan (Nevada Senior Dimension). That's why I had to pick a GP, a local hospital, and need referrals.
I am learning more as I go. My SSDI is just over the "income limits" for affordable housing, health care subsidies, food stamps, section 8 housing etc. I admit I was embarrassed to ask for help, but turns out I didn't qualify anyway.
i do appreciate your thoughts and input though. I'm still learning.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #83

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
That is the unfortunate part of the Advantage plan. It is restrictive and is essentially the Medicare version of an HMO. I guess I am lucky in that I have TriCare as my Medicare supplement. I don't have to get referrals and I am covered anywhere in the U.S. or its territories.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Tags
license