Free Books - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #61

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Save War & Peace for just before bedtimes; it's so boring you'll be asleep in no time!
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #62

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
My 11 year old neice got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. She likes it for a number of reasons, but especially because she can read in bed in the dark. Such a change in books, who won't have one? It seems that they are almost mandatory for any school. Goodbye text books in paper form.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #63

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
Those of you with a nook color can turn it into an android tablet (sans cameras, of course) very easily with a n2a card. The Nook Color has a slot for micro SD memory cards. The n2a (Nook to Android) card fits into this slot. Follow the super easy instructions and you will have an android tablet in minutes.

Once you have done this you may run your NC using either the original Nook operating system or the Android system. Load in the apps from the Amazon, Android, or other app stores (not Apple/iPad apps) and away you go. You can use reader apps from Nook, Kindle, Kobo, or any of the independent reader apps, some of which are considered better than the N, K, or K readers.

You can also use better e-mail and browser apps such as Dolphin, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Here's the link... Turn your Nook Color into a full Android Tablet | N2A cards

The price is not bad for what you get.

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #64

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Norm I'm glad you started this thread because I've been able to download a bunch of free books since my wife got a tablet for me for my birthday, so I can use both the NOOK and KINDLE apps on that. I reciprocated and bought her a Kindle with the keyboard and 3G, and she is now getting lots of free books. The benefit if the 3G is that we can use her kindle to check our Gmail on the road when our cell coverage isn't available.
We both now have our local library cards and have enjoyed checking out kindle books from the comfort of our home.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #65

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Jones View Post
Those of you with a nook color can turn it into an android tablet (sans cameras, of course) very easily with a n2a card.
...SNIP...

You can also use better e-mail and browser apps such as Dolphin, Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc.
...SNIP...

Dan
Dan, I did it using Customizing Your Nook Color for free. It's pretty easy, but not as easy as just dropping in the card from n2a. I love showing people my rooted Nook Color. Then I open the Kindle app and show my Nook Color become a Kindle with my Kindle books.

The thing is...I'm not really much of a reader. I just use it as an Android tablet. When I synced it to my g-mail account, it loaded all of my Evo apps to the rooted NC. It's great. And the $$ I saved over buying the popular tablet went into the account for my Casita!!

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote