Full timin' storage... what do you do? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #21

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Leslie and Dave,
Do you have any photos of your setup? Do you have a couch or a mini-dinette setup in the front of your Scamp? Are you able to cook inside if the weather is bad? (Rainy or chilly?) I'm assuming you cook outside as much as possible, maybe with an awning or screen room. Also, how big is your dog?
Lots of questions, but we're hoping to do the same thing eventually. (Got to get an egg, first.)
Pamela S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #22

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Pamela! We don't seem to take many pics of our site when we're set up, but we'll try to answer your questions.

Our Scamp 13 has the sofa/bunks in the front, which we are keeping for our grandsons when they are old enough to join us on camping trips. Since the rear dinette is a full-time bed, we use 1 or 2 small folding tables while sitting on the couch; tables also double as laptop 'desks'.

I cook outside about half the time - especially stuff whose 'aromas' we don't want in the trailer! When using the trailer cooktop, I put a large plastic cutting board up as a backsplash to protect the 'rat fur' from getting soiled and/or smelly. This has worked well so far but I've bookmarked an earlier posting from Donna D about some flexible material that looks like 'diamond plate' and would like to install that behind the entire counter.

We don't have an awning - one of those 'someday' items. If it is hot, we follow the shade of on-site trees or else stay in the shadow of the Egg. When we boondock, we set up a 4x4 ft. "privacy cabana" as our shower room and use a Coleman battery-operated pump - works amazingly well, not too heavy and stows in a small space. Note: the frame of our cabana will not support the weight of a 'solar shower' bag - we put the pump in a large pan of water warmed on the stove.

Da Dog - Minnie, our little Dachuahua, weighs between 15 & 16 pounds, depending on how many other campers bring her Milk Bones! She's the perfect size to travel in a FGRV! In fact, she seems to think our Scamp is an over-sized crate in which WE are allowed to sleep!

We wish you happy hunting in your search for the Egg just-right-for-you. You won't regret you choice of a FGRV. Take care, L 'n D

Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #23

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Quote:
Da Dog - Minnie, our little Dachuahua, weighs between 15 & 16 pounds, depending on how many other campers bring her Milk Bones! She's the perfect size to travel in a FGRV! In fact, she seems to think our Scamp is an over-sized crate in which WE are allowed to sleep!
Our dog is an Italian Greyhound, between 11 and 12 lbs., just the right size for an egg. We've got a small "sticky" right now and really want to get an egg and eventually full-time, or at least half-time! Anyway, Isabella treats our camper the same way. She graciously allows us to share it with her, as long as we bring lots of treats and her favorite soft blanket.

Thanks so much for the information. It all helps. I'm keeping a file of helpful links and products. Hoping to get a project egg and fix it up ourselves a little at a time. Probably ten years or so before we'll be able to retire so I figure that should be plenty of time to get a refurb done.
Pamela S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita
I always take my 'storage space' with me ... it's also my workshop, tool shed, pantry, library, dog house, solar panel support, and guest bedroom ... I carry very little, in the Casita, itself ...
Attached Thumbnails
new_tilt_panel_setup_dec_2008.jpg  
Jimmy M. is offline   Reply With Quote