Full timing Forum for MFROG - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Potential Full Timer Forum Readers
Current Full Timer in RV 10 5.99%
Past Full Timer in RV 7 4.19%
RV Full Timer Wannabe or Seriously Considering It 66 39.52%
Mildly Considering RV Full Timing 30 17.96%
Just Curious 48 28.74%
Don't have the slightest interest in Full Timing and don't want to waste bytes even talking about it... 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I have had a few questions on my mind answered here already, so this is indeed worthwhile.
We may not go full time but for sure part time, maybe 3 months or so at a time.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #22

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
My wife and I enjoy full timing for about three weeks at a time in our Scamp.

During that time we sleep in it every night, prepare and eat every meal in it and seldom use any other facilities for toilet or bath.

We have studied about, discussed and correspond with a neighbor who completely pulled the plug several years ago.

We are financially independent, employable and have only a small cat. Kids have left, are financially able and are not living close by.

Even though everything is in place that would allow a full timing lifestyle, it just isn't in either of us. During our 2 - 4 week sorties we rarely even think of our home base. But there comes a time during each trip when it is just time to return.

But we still like to read about it.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I think it would be great to have a separate section on full-timing. Full-timing in an egg is really different than full-timing in a mega-trailer, 5th wheel, or monster RV. I've gone to some of thefull-timing sites and their discussions do not seem to match the "Egg-o-Centric" life style.

My wife & I have discussed full-timing, often -- or at least partial fulltiming.

We've decided as soon as we make our first million that's what we'll do. Checked the wallet today -- only $999,998 to go!!!
Ed Felker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I have a Casita 17 SD on order and plan on making the pilgrimage to Rice in early October. I've sold my home and I'm working on liquidating the rest of the "Stuff." Plan on storing vital records, and a few special memento's, the rest is gone, or going. Didn't get a chance to drop out in the 60's, so I'm dropping out in my 60's. Kid's are grown, and the wives are gone. Just me and my Labrador Retriever, Kacey. Saw a quote attributed to St. Augustine I think FullTimers should appreciate "The World is a great book, of which those who never stir from home only read a page." Obviously I would appreciate a forum dedicated to FullTiming.
Mike Oberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
WAY TO GO, MIKE, and cograts on ordering your Casita! We wish you safe journeys and many happy years on the road - you will LOVE it! Perhaps our travel paths will cross in the future. Good luck to you & Kacey - L 'n D
Old 09-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Well, with my wifes recent death, I've been considering full timing and as an Escapees member, it's a help. We had been considering a semi-full time with one work camp a year and a U.S. loop to include all the grandkids/kids so I think I will consider continuing on with the plan.

Chuck H.
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #27

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Well, with my wifes recent death, I've been considering full timing and as an Escapees member, it's a help. We had been considering a semi-full time with one work camp a year and a U.S. loop to include all the grandkids/kids so I think I will consider continuing on with the plan.

Chuck H.
Good for you Chuck.

Have you bought into a site or are you on a waiting list?
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to neilbarb
Barb and i have been full timers since we married on Sept 24th 2004. We Started with a new 17 foot Casita and have just sold it and now use a new Scamp 19' fifth wheel. The lifestyle is great and it is the only way we can travel all over North America living on our social security incomes. We took 5 months to travel to Alaska last summer. We usually spend the winter in either Florida or Texas. I sold my home one year before i retired Sept 2001. I lived in my 32' Bounder Motorhome I still owned the Bounder when Barb and i married but decided we couldn't afford the three dollar and more fuel prices to travel in it. We traded it for a 37' fifth wheel which sits on my brothers property in Ohio. We use it as our home base when we are in the area and it never moves. We ordered the Casita thinking we would just use it for short vacations and as a base camp when we go ATV riding. After the fuel prices got so high we decided to see if we could live in it for for longer periods of time.
While living in it in Texas last winter Barb said she would like just a little more room. I suggested we look at the Scamp 5th wheel she agreed and we orderd one. We have had it now for about 2 months and like it very well. There were some things we liked better in the Casita but all in all i think the Scamp is going to work out just fine for as long as we are able to keep our health and travel. Soo many places to see in this great country we live in. We belong to Thousand Trails Campground and so our camping is nearly free after we pay the annual maintaince fee. Hope this will help anyone who might want live full time on the road.
neilbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #29

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the post. We hope to do what you are doing. Do you have a website?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to neilbarb
Sorry don't have web site but if you want information on full timing you can e me at neilready2roll@yahoo.com
neilbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #31

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Unhappy

Quote:
Good for you Chuck.
Have you bought into a site or are you on a waiting list?
Hi Mike, I'm on the list at Bushnell (Sumter Oaks) FL as close to daughter, grandkids and another on the way) and niece and may have a summer wrangler job in NorCal with spot hookups and dinero. Going to Lake Casita?
Regards, Chuck
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Going to Lake Casita?
Regards, Chuck
Yep, see you there.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #33

Trailer: Truck Camper / Dodge Powerwagon
Excellent idea Pete. I've been kicking the fulltime in the Egg idea, around for a long time. I did give my house to my daughter and moved to a small apartment in Utah where I currently teach school.

I don't miss the house or all my possessions. I do miss my old 24 foot vintage Streamline trailer that I sold a year ago: Spent most of my time there. I love the West and want to spend more time getting to know it, instead of working at a stressful job for nothing. Since I've already made the change, my next step will be buying a Casita or Scamp, and moving in. No wife, so the room should be plenty.
AlBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #34

Trailer: Casita 17 ft
Can I change my vote?
About a year ago, I voted "seriously considering it"
I have been living full time in my 17' Casita for over
4 months now.
By the way am enjoying it very much.
DanM.

DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #35

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Dan - Wishing you safe travels and many happy times as you full-time in you Casita. We've been 'houseless' for 18 months, and have no regrets Bet you won't even look back! Take care and perhaps our travel paths will pass down the road. L 'n D
Old 02-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #36

Trailer: 82 Burro 13 ft
i'm still in the restoration stage of my compact fgrv'n dream, & i'm reading up on all the f/t-er's experiences... the more i read, the more my restoration design ideas revolve around the f/t lifestyle requirements... i've got a few years of tech school to finish up, but i plan to go f/t before i'm 40... (36, now) that gives me a few years to restore & equip my burro & tercel, & to tie up all the other loose ends...
--- steven
steven jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #37

Trailer: Casita 17 ft
Quote:
Hi Dan - Wishing you safe travels and many happy times as you full-time in you Casita. We've been 'houseless' for 18 months, and have no regrets Bet you won't even look back! Take care and perhaps our travel paths will pass down the road. L 'n D
HI L 'n D,
Am currently hold up in Truth or Consequences, nm, if ya'll
are in this area, send me a post, would love to meet for
coffee and talk.
DanM
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #38

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hello, we're back.

I definitely think we could use a full-timers forum.

Melanie and i full-timed for 14 months in our Casita in 2005/2006. We have been in Philadelphia taking care of my parents and our own medical needs (I had prostat surgery, Mleanie had foot surgery). We will be returning to fulltiming as of May 1st.

Joe and Melanie

formerly of NYC, NY, official (voting) residents of Emery SD since July 2005,
currently holed up in Philadelphia
Joseph and Melanie Castine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #39

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
The day my TJ is paid for is the day I start fulltiming. (About 3 years from now.) I can even winter in my 13' Boler ANYWHERE in Canada or the US. (With the aid of my 3500 - 7500 BTU woodburning stove)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sardine1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	15016
Can't wait! So... YEAH! Fulltimers Forum... Great Idea!
cjlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #40

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita
Quote:
Mike is pondering whether or not to add a forum to the group about Full Timing in RVs. Such forums already exist at Escapees.com and RV.NET.

For those who don't know, Full Timing officially means your RV is your home and you don't have any other home. You literally live on the road, in campgrounds, forests, some land you own, a relative's back yard, parking lots, etc.

For the purpose of this group, likely Full Timer would be modified to include the Part Timers and Snowbirds, who may have an anchored home somewhere but leave it for months at a time to work or winter or travel elsewhere.
Just signed for posting but as a first time forum user I am unable to find how it is done. This is sent out blind. I would like to see a full time only forum as I find the life style and problems are quite different than when my wife and I travelled for four years with our Beaver and 27ft Cargo trailer. Now as one person I find the Casita ideal to tow with my Limited Cherokee
James G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full timing, fulltiming