Full timing Forum for MFROG - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Potential Full Timer Forum Readers
Current Full Timer in RV 10 5.99%
Past Full Timer in RV 7 4.19%
RV Full Timer Wannabe or Seriously Considering It 66 39.52%
Mildly Considering RV Full Timing 30 17.96%
Just Curious 48 28.74%
Don't have the slightest interest in Full Timing and don't want to waste bytes even talking about it... 6 3.59%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Just signed for posting but as a first time forum user I am unable to find how it is done. This is sent out blind. I would like to see a full time only forum as I find the life style and problems are quite different than when my wife and I travelled for four years with our Beaver and 27ft Cargo trailer. Now as one person I find the Casita ideal to tow with my Limited Cherokee
Welcome to FiberglassRV James, we're glad you're here. You have posted in a forum topic [b]Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer. All topics and postings under this forum have the fulltiming focus. Feel free to start a new topic or post to others in this forum (and elsewhere on FiberglassRV). Additionally, we have a powerful search engine we hope you'll find useful. Too, you'll find a lot of helpful people here with some great ideas.

Enjoy yourself and once again, welcome
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I sent a message, but I see the poster hasn't loged in in a while... Can anyone give me a brand name or information on the stove in post 39?

Thanks
josho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I sent a message, but I see the poster hasn't loged in in a while... Can anyone give me a brand name or information on the stove in post 39?
Thanks
You'll find it in this topic, top post: The Pine Cone's almost done!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #44

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita
Quote:
Welcome to FiberglassRV James, we're glad you're here. You have posted in a forum topic [b]Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer. All topics and postings under this forum have the fulltiming focus. Feel free to start a new topic or post to others in this forum (and elsewhere on FiberglassRV). Additionally, we have a powerful search engine we hope you'll find useful. Too, you'll find a lot of helpful people here with some great ideas.

Enjoy yourself and once again, welcome
Thank you. I just found the how to section.. You have an excellent site that is easy to use. Jim
James G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #45

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Registry
This is my reason for getting my Burro 13'. I currently have a house in Indy, a house in SE AZ, and a manufactured home in San Diego. I would like to sell all of them (except my son is living in the one in SD) to get rid of the ties to home ownership/maintenance costs and concerns. If I can just sell one, preferably the one in Indy, then I will continue with the plan to quit my job at end of July and spend time with close friends/relatives here in the east before heading back west. Currently the biggest obstacle to my plan is not having the time to finish the "pretty work" on my house in Indy so I can put it on the market. Not having time is the biggest reason to leave my job and live off the small pension/investments that I have accumulated in the past 10yrs. Here's to Freedom!!
Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #46

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
I'm fulltiming in a year round RV park in Ohio. I have a four season trailer, so it should work.
My job moved me here from Texas, but for now my family is still there.
There's room for me here, but my wife wonders whether she could survive in such a small space, sharing it with me.
I've committed to stay for a year, so I should experience all of the weather they have here. I have my heated hose plugged in, but still need to insulate the sewer line before we get a hard freeze.
Phil Ruffin
Phil Ruffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #47

Name: Jennie
Trailer: Looking for a 16/17' Casita or Scamp with shower
Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Jennie W Send a message via Yahoo to Jennie W
I'm 34, single, no kids so I could make this happen, as far as full-timing goes. I currently work from home online, so I'd take most of my "jobs" with me, except for one phone job that requires a landline. Not sure about whether to bring my cat, not sure she could handle it. I'm working on getting financing for my trailer, and I'll be renting out my house to someone who plans on buying the house. We'll write up some sort of agreement before I leave. It is someone I trust, so no problem there really. We have roomed together the past 3 years and payments are not an issue with him.

I am working with Camping World right now on financing/finding a molded fiberglass trailer... they don't have many! This is going to be interesting, seeing what I eventually end up with!

I plan on starting a travel blog after I'm in the RV.

My Food Blog / Facebook / Twitter / Flickr
Jennie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #48

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
i, too, vote in favour of a full-time section! our plan is to sell the house, head to somewhere warm in the winter and return to our lot on the river for the summers....and we cannot wait! it was originally going to be in 2 years and then...the darn recession dropped the value of our hard-earned $$ invested..so instead now we are looking at possibly 3-4 years. luckily for me, i can always work casually during the summer at the hospital near our lot..so the money won't be too much of an issue. and we thought about work-camping while down south in the winters, too. please go ahead with setting up a full time section---i think it's a terrific idea!!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #49

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Two year old thread. Look at the forum title.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #50

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
gee---somehow the postings i THOUGHT i had replied to haven't shown....this is weird.
oh well, i sure know there's a full time section to the forum..thought, i guess, rather stupidly, that this was something new. guess the joke's on me!! :0)
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #51

Name: joseph
Trailer: in market
Florida
My wife and I fulltimed for 9 yrs. and it was great.We all do it differently,we had a 32 ft jayco and a 3/4 ton pu,,we worked as nurses 9 months and lived in our jayco at an rv resort,,then june 1 to sept,,we traveled. Keep in mind,,there are jobs out there,,i was offered a nursing job in ny and in maine,just for the summer.one thing we did not do often was to boon dock,but when we did we liked it. Now,,id like to go with the small egg idea.The good thing about the FB rig,,you can pull it with a smaller vehicle.
joeonthecape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #52

Name: john
Trailer: 30' jayco & 1974 Boler
Ontario
Registry
I'm a retired snow bird who is planning to start fulltiming next fall , if all goes well . I think it's a great idea to have a fulltiming forum . This would have an added bonus of allowing us to keep intouch with each other when we are on the road . Great idea . Pops
jcstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #53

Trailer: Eggcamper 2009
fulltiming in our EGG

We are so excited to start our fluttering in our fiberglass, 17foot Egg camper on January 27, 2015. We sold our house and the EGG will be our home. Living in a small space should be interesting. We have gone 10 days to 2 weeks straight and always dreaded returning to high maintance home in Michigan.

I would love to connect with people who are doing the same.

We are a married couple, ages 62 and 64 and newly retired as of January 26, 2015.
Dennis O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #54

Name: Felix47
Trailer: casita
California
If one is single fulltiming in a Casita is easy. I have been doing it for three years. I have never had any guests inside although I invite people for a beer when the weather is nice outside. Cooking outside is really the only option if there are guests. Somehow preparing a big dinner inside would seem kind of hard due to space. In inclement weather sharing the bathroom might be an issue. Anyone I have invited over to stay in it has declined.....they prefer a motel about 70 miles away.....but I love the coyotes and the silence and the sunrises and sunsets and the wind. Biggest problem with fulltiming is space for junk. You are constantly buying stuff and then throwing it away. Need to be in a place with relatively mild weather.....for me the Mojave desert and environs but at a relatively high altitude of 3000 feet. So if your friends want creature comforts like a bathtub or A/C they probably are not going to spend a lot of time with you. I use a swamp cooler but some people just think they are cheap.
Felix47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #55

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
California
My wife and I are on our way to full time RV living. We've been looking at various rigs. We started out thinking about a Casita then looked at everything under the sun from Airstreams and on up to Class A pushers. We thought about an American Eagle for a while for the longest time, after reality set in, we settled on a RoadTrek Adventurous. We were looking at used ones of course because, well, we're not that rich :-)

In preparation for a layoff at my job sold our California home a year ago, August, and moved into a tiny home (300 sq ft) that belongs to a friend of mine to get the feel for downsized living. Soon after I started studying up on bush crafting, bought some lightweight camping gear and we started doing tent camping at parks near the San Francisco Bay Area.

Six months ago I read the book "Vanabode" by Jason Odom and was bitten by the vandweller culture. We recently bought a van (2009 E150 with a factory tow package) that we plan to outfit for short term road trip van camping until I retire. I'm still waiting for the layoff (I'm in the last group of 4 people out of 50 in my department).

The reason I'm posting here is--we've finally come to our senses and plan to buy a new Casita Liberty 17' Deluxe when I finally retire for good hopefully this year. We are 65 and 62, have 4 married daughters and 6 grandkids.

Sometimes I think they think we're crazy but like someone mentioned before, no mortgage, being debt free, and the open road before us is so liberating. We're looking forward to a fun retirement and look forward to meeting new friends on the road, sitting in the shade and relaxing.

<}mkcornelio)><
mkcornelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:16 AM   #56

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Sometimes I think they think we're crazy but like someone mentioned before, no mortgage, being debt free, and the open road before us is so liberating. We're looking forward to a fun retirement and look forward to meeting new friends on the road, sitting in the shade and relaxing.

Mike, If by "crazy" you mean not main stream, you are correct. We were younger than you when we choose to give up our jobs and travel about but most of our friends and business associates thought we had lost it.

It's certainly not true for everyone, but for us traveling North America for 15 years has been freeing in ways that are often hard to describe to those locked into a significant transition free life.

For us we had never RVed before, never slept in one fr a single night, now it's 200 to 300 nights a year.

Wishing you well in your new adventure.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #57

California
Thanks Norm/Ginny. It looks like an exciting year coming up. Thanks for the encouragement. :-)

<}mkcornelio)><
Old 11-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #58

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcornelio View Post
Thanks Norm/Ginny. It looks like an exciting year coming up. Thanks for the encouragement. :-)
<}mkcornelio)><
Mike, I was just talking to another couple who were gone for two years on the road and returned this month. They were both homesick.

For us there was a sort of mental realignment, nothing that was by design. We slipped into and embrace it now.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #59

California
Norm/Ginny.

Thanks for the info. I think my wife, Cathy will miss the grandkids so even though we plan to "officially" retire in Texas, we will visit California often to see the kids. We have one daughter who lives in Texas as well as several aunts and uncles in Colorado, Oregon and Oklahoma so I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of visiting. Cathy wants to do an Alaska trip--we were married in Anderson, AK in 1980. There's also all the parks to camp in so in sure we'll be busy for a while.

<}mkcornelio)><
Old 11-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #60

Florida
Mike, I'm certain we saw our grandkids more than we ever would had we been working. We lived in NH and they lived in Seattle. We would drive there in the middle of a loop of the USA and spend a month in a campground nearby or their yard (staying in our trailer). We saw all kinds of kids activities and saw them every day. We made 6 loops of the USA and had plenty of time together. We also had them fly up to Alaska and took them around the state for a month.

My brother lived in MT and we rarely saw him while we were working. In retirement we would always camp in his yard for a week.

We are very conscious of not being intrusive and rarely if ever sleep in the homes of family and friends.

one of the best parts of RVing is all the places you've never heard of that are great. Plus there can be something magic in the time together. It reminds me of youthful dating. It's you and her and you really don't need anyone else. Not to exclude others but it's you two first. Our grandkids quickly understood our adventures and when we were away woud write to them about our travels.

The kids are older and we would travel to their colleges and again spend a week, exploring their area and sharing some time with them and their new friends.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16

Tags
full timing, fulltiming