Full Timing Ladies? - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #155

Name: Caitlin
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Well I'm in LOVE with this thread! I am not fulltiming as I am a mere 35 with two young children - and a husband. That said he can't leave town in the spring and summer so I always do our camping alone. I got a Trillium 1300 last year to make it easier on me, so we can just get up and go.

I've never been afraid camping alone, it didn't even occur to me! There are so many bears up here that's all I've put any energy into.

We only did a couple of trips last year but the trailer was so great for when we went to stay with out of town friends who didn't really have enough room for us in our house. Essential really.

This year we're doing 3 trips. One for 6 days, one for 10 days and another for 8 days. I'm also lending () our trailer out twice. Once to my absolute best friend in the world who is considering buying a trailer and using ours as a sort of test drive for her family, and another to our ex-nanny (I quit my job to stay at home with the kids, hence all the trips) in return for some childcare I'll really need in the fall. I'm nervous but they are both very responsible conscientious people so I'm giving it a shot. That is actually more nervewracking to me than going out alone HAHA

Anyway, I have always loved camping. I always will. It's not the same in a trailer as it is in a tent, but in some ways it's better. I appreciate how much more camping I can do here on the Wet Coast and that with a 4 year old and a 6 year old we can take off on a Friday afternoon and be set up in a campsite and ready for bed at 8

I'm looking forward to future summers with older kids travelling further abroad - I'm sticking to my home province this year. At some point I intend to take off for the whole summer and cross canada. Some point while they're still small enough to sleep in the bunks that is.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #156

Name: Anita
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Colorado
Spins like you have so many travels ahead and what great memories for the kids. Wish I knew about these when raising mine. We tented mostly, but I was a spur at the moment Mom so come home and Friday nite off on the road new adventure. Good for you and welcome to this wonderful site!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #157

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeitall View Post
Spins like you have so many travels ahead and what great memories for the kids. Wish I knew about these when raising mine. We tented mostly, but I was a spur at the moment Mom so come home and Friday nite off on the road new adventure. Good for you and welcome to this wonderful site!
Sounds..darn iPad!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #158

Name: Caitlin
Trailer: 1973 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Thank you!

I only found out about these awesome egg trailers from a friend at work. She was hoping to get one and we oohed and aahed over them together for years. I bought one but she still needs to do hers.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #159

Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Solo Women RVing

I came across the coolest website today when doing some research about solo women rving. There is youtube with a 73 year old that just started full-timing and many other stories: RVing Neighbors - Solo Women RVers
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #160

Colorado
Yes I watched video I sure admire her! My grandmother at 71 would go to Oregon in truck every summer till she was78 young sleep in back of truck and camp all summer..
Old 06-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #161

Kansas
Quote:
Yes I watched video I sure admire her! My grandmother at 71 would go to Oregon in truck every summer till she was78 young sleep in back of truck and camp all summer..
So much for those people who think life is over at 30 and/or when you get wrinkles and/or when your hair is greying! Women like that are a real inspiration to those that really want to live their life.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #162

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Use to some people were suicidal at 50.
I hit that point at 29. But much later I
realized each decade is a new "life span."

At 60, the maturity has hit a point that life just begins.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #163

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
Use to some people were suicidal at 50.
I hit that point at 29. But much later I
realized each decade is a new "life span."

At 60, the maturity has hit a point that life just begins.
Agree. It is sort of like a "rebirth" and you look at what time you reasonably have left and you want to use it wisely. I am seeing many younger people in their 40's deciding to "go for it" and full-time so it appears people are now realizing earlier that life is short and we all really only have today for sure so they are making it count.

I keep thinking how insane it will be for me to try to full-time because of the "bugs" that have to be worked out but I just always come back to that being what I really, really want. And, we have reached the age where we really, really deserve to have what we want!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #164

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
I recommend downloading the "CamScanner Pro" app onto your smart phone instead of buying a portable scanner. It's only $5. I use it for all my expense reporting for work.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #165

Colorado
Absolutely Cathy..bless her she has out done me! She had been a widow for 40yrs. Before she met her second love at 71yrs..outlived him too!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #166

Name: Katie
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
I just got a 1998 Scamp 13' and I plan to full-time this September as I continue to travel as a nurse. I lived out of my Subaru Outback last summer for four months, and any concerns I had about traveling alone were completely gone by the first month. I made sure to make friends with at least one of my neighbors and always met the camp hosts and told them I was traveling alone. I'm only 33, but I look like I'm in my early 20s, so I found that people were more than happy to help me out or keep an eye out for me and my Jack Russell. I was surprised so many times by the kindness that was shown to me!! It's very similar to traveling abroad, where if you just stay aware of your surroundings and listen to your intuition, your spidy-sense will tell you when something feels wrong. Hopefully I'll see you other ladies out there this fall!! Travel on!!
Old 09-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #167

Name: Lesa
Trailer: 1983 13' Scamp
South Dakota
I'm a full-timer. I am also a single woman - presently. I have a 1983 Scamp 13 ft. Basic.

I have full-timed in my Van (Vandwelling) for 2 years prior to getting the Scamp.

I got lots of support from the CheapRVliving people and at their annual RTR (Rubber Tramp Rendezvous) in Q AZ each January.

I'm on a tight budget. I did pick up common sense somewhere in life. And I have become pretty much independent. ....
Old 10-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #168

Name: Hidalga
Trailer: Modified 13' Scamp
Full-Timer
Yes, Full-Timing Lady

After being a property owner and building my home, by each nail and screw, I couldn't accept such settled rootedness.

A decade of international drifting and couch-surfing led me to finally purchase a travel trailer this year. She's my mistress, and I adore my new home on wheels.

Tags
full timing, fulltiming