Full Timing Ladies? - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #181

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
Gourdamental, thanks, but I can't seem to locate Becky Shade's ebook on Amazon or Google. Do you have the title?

Monica M., I really appreciate your encouragement and insights. I cannot WAIT to get started!! I will pick up the Casita from her Texas mothership in early July. I can't uproot from Minnesota until August, which will give me a month to practice backing up (and tricking out the insides)!
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #182

Name: Shelly
Trailer: Casita LD 17'
North Carolina
Solo Full-time RVing On A Budget | Interstellar Orchard |

Windy W this is the place to find the ebook.
Gourdamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #183

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Way too many people full time in 16 ft. campers to think it can't work. Even couples. Heck some couples do trips measured in weeks if not over a month in a 13 ft.

You may find it is not your thing, or you may find it focuses your "stuff" down to the essentials and lets you focus on experiencing life.

Only one way to find out, best of luck in your journey. And if you find yourself with a question about how do people deal with.... just remember your FGRV support network is only a smart phone or free Wi-Fi connection away to get an answer (or a dozen answers, you pick one)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #184

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney View Post
I recommend downloading the "CamScanner Pro" app onto your smart phone instead of buying a portable scanner. It's only $5. I use it for all my expense reporting for work.
I agree -- I use the TinyScan app for my iPhone and it creates multi-page PDFs which can then be stored, dropboxed, emailed, whatever. No need for a scanner.
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #185

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourdamental View Post
Solo Full-time RVing On A Budget | Interstellar Orchard |

Windy W this is the place to find the ebook.
I downloaded it this morning. I have been reading about full-timing for 25 years so have been through a few books and websites. She did a really good job with her book. I read through the body but have not looked at the worksheets, etc. as yet. I was surprised that she managed to cover really everything and in an orderly fashion. If you follow her blog, you know that she appears to be intelligent and educated and the book reflects that.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #186

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Windy,
check out RV Sue, she has been full timing for a few years in a 17' Casita, go back to the beginning and you will have a lot of reading.

rvsue and her canine crew | Living on less and enjoying life more
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #187

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
Yes, RV Sue! I've been following her. Thanks!
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #188

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: sunvalley roadrunner fifth wheel
Minnesota
Right now I'm working to save money for a Scamp fifth wheel. When I go home from my 12 hour night shift, I pretend I have my camper and I hit the road for parts unknown. For now it's what keeps me motivated to keep saving and working. I'm 73 years old and I don't want to be a lifer where I work.
xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 PM   #189

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: sunvalley roadrunner fifth wheel
Minnesota
I totally have been enjoying reading all the fine suggestions and words of advice. I took a solo trip to Alaska. I went on a cruise so it was somewhat structured. There was only once that I got afraid. I was in Juaneau and all at once there was a man following me. I have no idea where he came from, but my gut told me to get with a crowd of people. I never saw him after that.
xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #190

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
I totally have been enjoying reading all the fine suggestions and words of advice. I took a solo trip to Alaska. I went on a cruise so it was somewhat structured. There was only once that I got afraid. I was in Juaneau and all at once there was a man following me. I have no idea where he came from, but my gut told me to get with a crowd of people. I never saw him after that.
Hi Kathleen,
Great to hear you're 73 years young. I mean that, because I just went skydiving with a woman who turned 90 a few weeks ago, and it was her first time jumping. You've got plenty of full-timing years ahead of you, and keep making the baby steps bigger to get there! Imagination is a powerful motivator.

As far as the crazy dude in AK (and there's plenty of them as the goods are odd; I lived there for 15 years), that can happen anywhere at any time. You must be an attractive woman! You did the right thing, as instinct has guided you.

I can't wait to hear about your travel trailer adventures in the near future, and I look forward to talking story with you in camp.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:41 PM   #191

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: in the market for used
Minnesota
I m planning on doing it!! :-) :-) single..esrly retirement! Key is buying the right rig that wont fall apart!
Maxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:42 PM   #192

Minnesota
Good for u! It is an amazing experience for kids!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:45 PM   #193

Minnesota
62 ...single...educated and planning to 1/2 full time it alone! U r still so young! Clear your head girl and good luck to u!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #194

Minnesota
I plan on carrying a shot gun! Hand gun doesnt scare em off like a shot gun would! One look down the barrel and I think they will run. Probably never have to pull the trigger! Lol. B safe! :-) :-) :-) :-)
Old 06-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #195

Minnesota
Great idea!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #196

Name: Allison
Trailer: 2016 17' Spirit Deluxe
Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Hi Wendy,
As far as happiness goes, that's found from within. No matter how you live your life, there will always be a compromise.
As far as the smallness of space, I look at it as a dog would; it's my secure little kennel that I can curl up in. The less I want and smaller the space I require for living, the more I'm open to what the universe outside has to offer.
I love this perspective! I am seriously shopping for an egg and leaning towards a Casita at the moment. I really appreciate this thread. Thank you for all the encouragement to one another and great recommendations. I am even more excited about getting this adventure started.
Alli
Alli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full timing, fulltiming