Full timing on social security? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #29

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Floyd, when I first retired at age 62 there was no Federal Income tax on my SS income.

Each of the past few years that has changed. last year my wife and I paid Federal Tax on about 50% of our SS income. Next year it might be even higher. I do have other income, but, I remember being told that my earned SS income would be tax free!

Lots of promises have vanished ..blown away with the hot breath of Politicians....

Bill
OH STOP! It's not just government, it's big business too. The company I went to work for in 1985 told me they couldn't pay me as much as the company down the street but when I retired (in 30 years), my healthcare would be paid for.... that went away 8 years ago. Didn't get it then, don't get it now.

I learned a long time ago... count on yourself. Everything else is smoke and mirrors. AND, it's NOT just government... keep the politics out of it!

Old 11-27-2015, 09:10 PM   #30

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Floyd, when I first retired at age 62 there was no Federal Income tax on my SS income.

Each of the past few years that has changed. last year my wife and I paid Federal Tax on about 50% of our SS income. Next year it might be even higher. I do have other income, but, I remember being told that my earned SS income would be tax free!

Lots of promises have vanished ..blown away with the hot breath of Politicians....

Bill
Congratulations!! YOU'RE RICH!!!

Old 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #31

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:

Bill
Golly, you must have been retired for a very long time. That law was enacted as a result of the Greenspan Commission recommendations and was signed into law by president Regan in 1983. Actually, depending on your other incomes, up to 85% of your SS income can be taxed I believe.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #32

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
I sure hope we can! We are retiring Jan 31 and plan to full time in our boler until we are tired of the lifestyle ;-) I have done my research, and many of the RV parks have very reasonable monthly rates - actually cheaper than our mortgage. Hopefully, we won't have to find part time /short term jobs to keep us going.
Hi Anita, I'm wondering if your information is easily shareable if you would be willing to share with me? I hope to take off in the next year. Thanks, Michael
Old 11-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #33

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
I was requested that we keep politics out of this, yet many of you failed to heed this warning. This thread is now closed.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread