Fulltiming Question Part 1 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #15

Name: tricoasttraveler
Trailer: Casita
Texas
"2lbs Tillamook Cheddar"..... love it....a must on my list too!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:12 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Cheese, Salmon, Pecans, Walnuts and Twizzlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricoasttraveler View Post
"2lbs Tillamook Cheddar"..... love it....a must on my list too!
We're a little eclectic. Our loving Seattle son keeps us supplied with two things, Tillamook 'black' two year cheddar and smoked salmon. We always carry a couple of pounds of salmon. It keeps without refrigeration in their mylar pouchs and allows us to create a classy meal anytime, our latest is salmon cakes with a lemon dill sauce.

The Pecans and Walnuts are used for all kinds of cooked items but mostly for car snacking. The last item Twizzlers (red) are used for Twizzler time. After driving an hour, usually at precisely 9AM, I start singing 'Twizzler Time', a Norm original.

Recently 'Dots' have slipped into our snack box, a candy that lasts a long time. Ginny gets most of the 'red' and 'oranges', I'm pretty much regulated the 'greens' and yellows'.

I don't think I mentioned it earlier but we do carry raw honey. I've switched to it in my coffee, it always makes it a treat to reach the bottom of the cup where the honey's a little denser. If we're lucky we also have a couple of jars of Partridge berry jam, that we only seem to find in NL.

We just returned from our annual check up and the doctor charmed Ginny by telling her she was like a fine wine, getting better with age. For me he said that our life style changes have made a real difference, almost eliminating stress, eating better and exercising more. I'm still amazed that how quickly the body can get better when you treat it better.

I've had a lot of success in my life (of course failures too) but no previous success matches that of our travels, amazingly entering our 15th year.

I'm feeling really happy today.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #17

Name: Mark
Trailer: EggCamper 2012 #109, by 2006 Tundra or 2014 Outback
Western Massachusetts
Twizzler problems..but no littering charges...yet

In addition to the standard packages, Red Twizzlers also come in 5# Plastic boxes (the giant economy size!)

Well, I have to be careful with (Red)Twizzlers. They are a "Red Flag" food for me. I might eat the whole package. My Brother In Law, Dennis, in Virginia Beach, bought me a 5# container of them a few months ago. I told him of my problem and said that I might have to throw the whole 5# box off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on my way home. He said --No, don't doo thaaat. ----Ok, so I left the Twizzlers Box in a back seat corner where they were hard to get to while driving. It worked--when I got home to Mass. most of the Twizzlers were still alive. Then, I left the Twizzlers in my car instead of taking them in the house (and eating them all in a few evenings). That worked too. I had one or 2 (or 3-4), every day on the way home from work and the Twizzlers lasted about a month.

Then, month later, Dennis bought another 5# box!!! He said they were on sale and he couldn't refuse the "good deal"......again. Same story--repeat. But, I almost threw them out the car window again.

Mark
Old 05-08-2015, 12:39 PM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
...We're a little eclectic. Our loving Seattle son keeps us supplied with two things, Tillamook 'black' two year cheddar and smoked salmon.
If you ever get to Pulaski, NY (a small town on the Salmon River in upstate NY) stop in at the Colosse Cheese Store for a sample of their "XXXXX Sharp Cheddar - Aged 5 years - XXXXX Super sharp flavor".

Then again, to avoid having to take out a loan, you might want to just try some of their younger cheeses. They have a number of different cheeses as well as different aged cheddars, but the 5 year stuff is out of this world, although pretty expensive at over $30.00 per lb when they have it.

I never drive by without going in for a sample, although I usually walk out with their less expensive Extra Sharp 1 year product at only $15.00 per lb..
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #19

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
If you ever get to Pulaski, NY (a small town on the Salmon River in upstate NY) stop in at the Colosse Cheese Store for a sample of their "XXXXX Sharp Cheddar - Aged 5 years - XXXXX Super sharp flavor".

Then again, to avoid having to take out a loan, you might want to just try some of their younger cheeses. They have a number of different cheeses as well as different aged cheddars, but the 5 year stuff is out of this world, although pretty expensive at over $30.00 per lb when they have it.

I never drive by without going in for a sample, although I usually walk out with their less expensive Extra Sharp 1 year product at only $15.00 per lb..

I'll store that in my phone. Try the Tillamook it cost less than the Colosse cheese, comes in a two pound block. Oregon is worth the trip.

I'll buy a pound of the 5 year. It's worth spending the money for a new experience, plus we like Cheddar. Thank you.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #20

Oswego, NY
Registry
Quote:
I'll store that in my phone. Try the Tillamook it cost less than the Colosse cheese, comes in a two pound block. Oregon is worth the trip.

I'll buy a pound of the 5 year. It's worth spending the money for a new experience, plus we like Cheddar. Thank you.
I rarely see the 5 year cheddar on the web page (the 4 year is the oldest listed as of today). If you call them they will let you know if they have any of the 5 year in stock. It is a small company & they are often out of it...
Old 05-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #21

Florida
Jon,

We hope to be up that way this year.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #22

Oswego, NY
Registry
Quote:
Jon,

We hope to be up that way this year.
It is is before June 7th, give me a yell. After that some friends in a Scamp & I are heading for Alaska...
Old 05-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #23

Florida
We'd love to meet you John but our trip will be a little later in the summer, maybe even early fall. Have a great trip to Alaska.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16

Tags
fulltiming