Fulltiming Trailer Alternative - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 06:03 AM   #21

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Two points

At breakfast Ginny told me she's thoroughly happy with our Scamp 16 and doesn't need a Nash 22H.

I must admit we slept 11 hours last night, some kind of record I'm sure, going to bed at 8 PM after a really long hike yesterday. As a result we missed going to see the Rambling Rovers. This is day 5 of the Tales, Trails and Tunes music Festival.

The hike along the beach and back along the old mail trail was to celebrate the snow melting, we had 35 cm of snow the other day.. the most snow our Scamp's ever seen.

We have added a new 2" memory foam topper to our bed and it's now super comfortable. We are still totally comfortable sleeping in the Scamp, just realizing this is our 10th year of sleeping in the Scamp for about 7 months a year.

The other day Ginny and I realized we've been traveling for 17 years, averaging 7 months a year. As we almost reach our 75th birthdays and 53rd wedding anniversary, we realize we've been on the road for almost 1/3rd of our married lives. We truly feel blessed to have such a wonderful time.

The Festival will be over Sunday night and we'll began a wandering time around Newfoundland ending up on one of our favorites Fogo Island before heading back to NH for a month of camping and visiting friends and relatives.

As to used Nash trailers, I saw a 2007 for $10,000, probably half the original purchase price. They seem to hold their value well.

Now we're off to order a loaf of fresh baked Multigrain Newfoundland bread, it's so good.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:13 AM   #22

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Why isn't there a "Like" button? I like your post. Knowing when enough is just perfect. New is cool. Fancy is cool.

Contentment is hard to achieve, but coolest of all.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #23

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
Why isn't there a "Like" button? I like your post. Knowing when enough is just perfect. New is cool. Fancy is cool.

Contentment is hard to achieve, but coolest of all.
I wish there was a like button, too. So I could like Norm's post just above yours, and yours, as well.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
That all sounds nice, but bigger trailer, bigger footprint in your driveway. Need bigger truck, big bucks for new, lucky to find one in half decent shape used, with reasonable mileage. Car and trailer all paid for. Do not need more expense, at this stage of kissing 73 years of age. Wife would not want to drive a truck around, would have to have two vehicles, more bucks. My thoughts only. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #25

Florida
We're sticking with what we have however in retrospect if we were 'today smart' I'd buy the Nash.

For the same bucks it is more. I don't know why there's not a Fiberglass trailer that provides more.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #26

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Looks like you have your priorities right . It truly is about the journey . Congratulations on 53 years together! You have achieved what most people only dream about . Someone once said "It takes hands to build a house , but only hearts can build a home " . You both have your home .Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #27

Florida
Today we're over in Trout River, NL at the Seaside Restaurant having chowder and fish, a true end of the road place. We certainly are happy. This morning we were thinking about year one. Who could ever imagine year 53. Driving to Trout River takes you over some mountainous terrain. The road here was opened around the time we got married. These people didn't live at the end of the road, there was none.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #28

Florida
Here we are into 17 years of travel now knowing that breaking away from the everyday was a great decision. Now we loved our past, the pre RV years, however our travels wS an opportunity to love each other better.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 05-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #29

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13" Scamp
Washington
Continuing the Journey

Life is a journey, and the trick is to appreciate wherever you are on that journey. We are retiring this summer and will be on the road as we have long dreamed about. Thanks to people like Norm and Ginny who are such great examples of how to live, travel, and love!
P.S. I'm their daughter-in-law who recently purchased the Nash discussed in this thread. We love our 1977 13' Scamp, but want a bit more room. We're putting the Scamp up for sale. Many mods. We're in Washington. PM me if you're interested!
LaurieScamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltiming