How do you do it? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #15

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
We are from there and have camped all over the island. Labrador is nice mid June to the end of July if you feel so inclined.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
We are from there and have camped all over the island. Labrador is nice mid June to the end of July if you feel so inclined.
We did spend two months driving across Labrador in 2008. It was an absolutely great drive, a little easier now with more of the TLH paved.

We have camped all over as well, virtually driven on every numbered route in Newfoundland and Labrador (I'm sure we missed some but who knows where.)
Next year my goal is to camp in Tilt Cove (pop. 4).

I just received some information that it snowed in August in Labrador. As well there was a picture of Pinware, with leftover deep snow. In 2008 we tried to camp in Pinware Prov except the snow was 8 feet deep in mid June.

Our goal is to see the state of the ice next year. Over the last 3 years winter's been later and later leaving NL. Fisherman could not get out until mid June. The ferry to Fogo is fortunately an ice breaker. it was needed when we went over in late June.

There are still a couple of Islands on the north coast that I have not been to visit, St. Brendans (sp) is one. We have not taken any of the south coast ferriSs and I'd like to go to Ramea as well this year.

So much to do and so little time. Ginny enjoys it there and thts year we extended our visit further into July.

Mike where are you from in NL?

Safe Travels

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Stevebaz,

I suspect you'll not need the second trailer. Ginny has been my best friend for 60 years now. I miss her even when she's gone for an afternoon with her sisters.

We have a shared life not related to an amount of space.
Lesley is my best friend. It took me 2 tries to get it right. Going on 17 years now. Its not the size of the trailer, its the size of each others heart. When you get that right everything else just fits. What a life we could have had if we were together at a much younger age. But i guess we both had some growing up to do before we met each other.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #18

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Lesley is my best friend. It took me 2 tries to get it right. Going on 17 years now. Its not the size of the trailer, its the size of each others heart. When you get that right everything else just fits. What a life we could have had if we were together at a much younger age. But i guess we both had some growing up to do before we met each other.
It's great when you're living with your best friend. Both us had a horrible first marriage. Then we found each other about 38 years ago. Oh what fun we've had.
As for how you "do it" concerning traveling. Living where I live there's a company near here that a neat moto "just do it" I think that about sums it up.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #19

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
snoozy

Will, check out the Lil Snoozy it has a rear door ,full queen bed ,bath , 6ft 4in headroom and there are a few for sale . We had the twin bed model .We needed a little more room for our Grandkids so we have the Escape 21 now .happy hunting Jim
Old 09-04-2017, 07:06 AM   #20

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
norm & ginny, i love your attitude! no wonder you both have enjoyed full timing in your 16ft scamp for so many years. i'm going on 4 yrs full timing in my 13ft casita patriot deluxe(see comment no. 4 above) and find people fall into 2 camps. they either really enjoy doing this or they spend their time nitpicking their trailers and/or their surroundings/travel companions. obviously you 2 fall into the first category. i concentrate my time/energy on people who love this lifestyle and there are many of us out here.sure hope merlin (my canine travel companion) and i meet you somewhere on the road. you would definitely be a couple i would enjoy meeting. safe travels! claire and merlin, excellent schnoodle
Old 09-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #21

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
So far only vacationing 7 to 10 days at a stretch in our Scamp 13. Any day in our Scamp is better than any day at work. Someday we may be lucky enough to retire and test our true compatability in our 13 Scamp. If it doesn't work then we get 2 trailers and camp side by side. If you can't stand each other in a 13 footer how does another 3 to 8 feet make a difference. Either you can make do with what you have with your best friend or you can't, I doubt a few extra feet will make a difference. If you can't then you need to make a different change rather than the length of your trailer.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #22

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
So far only vacationing 7 to 10 days at a stretch in our Scamp 13. Any day in our Scamp is better than any day at work. Someday we may be lucky enough to retire and test our true compatability in our 13 Scamp. If it doesn't work then we get 2 trailers and camp side by side. If you can't stand each other in a 13 footer how does another 3 to 8 feet make a difference. Either you can make do with what you have with your best friend or you can't, I doubt a few extra feet will make a difference. If you can't then you need to make a different change rather than the length of your trailer.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #23

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Hi Guys, apologies for the late reply. We are both from Conception Bay. Anne is from North River and I am from Makinsons although I have lived all over the island. I've also been to Labrador but only the Goose Bay area. Great fishing up that way if you like doing that.
Good to hear you enjoy our province.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #24

Name: Will
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Arizona
Yes, could work. A little heavier than Scamp but more aerodynamic. An owner here in Arizona has invited me to view his, so I plan to do so. Thanks!