How do you do it? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #29

Name: John Michael
Trailer: Scamp 13
Madison, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
I need to replace my Senior Pass before I head down to Florida this winter, so could do that at 12 Mile.

Anyone know if I can get a replacement card? I lost mine. Hate to have to shell out the $80 bucks for a new one when I had a $10 one.
I believe there are no replacement passes. Passes also might be for sale in the National Forest that is closer to the Falls than Pictured Rocks.

BTW. 12 mile beach campground will close in early Oct. Also its a beautiful, forested 35 site, no hook-up campground with vault toilets, but great tasting well water and million dollar views. The beach is usually empty of people. You will find no shells and no litter. We walk for miles daily. 7-8 dollars per night with your senior pass. We watched leaping Coho Salmon move from Lake Superior to spawn up Hurricane River nearby. Don't tell anyone how nice it is. It gets more popular every year. ;-)

Enjoy the UP. Last week we were a bit early for Fall color. You should have better luck.

John Linck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:38 PM   #30

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 15B17G, 1986.
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Family things.
We accommodate significant family events, weddings, 50th anniversaries,... However we skip less significant repetitive events. Ginny sends cards for virtually everyone's birthdays, so many it's a joke. Gifts go to relatives, and certainly all young ones, regularly we call and sing a poor rendition of happy birthday. We feel no compulsion to be at every grand kids birthday or to repeat the regular holidays.

A good friend, now deceased wrote a sermon on turning 70. She suggested focusing more as you age. We're now 75 and recognize that we'll be happy to make it to 85, hoping to still be traveling 7 months a year.

Unfortunately 85 will be here soon.

We noticed in our rush to get to Florida to help out with the after effects of Irma that 300 miles a day is now an absolute maximum for us. We typically only drive 150 miles though when younger we would do 500 miles when in a rush.

Our great doctor, who has gently pushed us towards health over the last 18 years of our RV life, told us we are in excellent health for our age, that our numbers are even improving, but we are getting older and there's not much one can do to reverse age, at least not yet.

Over the last 18 years we have learned that life is best together, when the two of us are out extending ourselves, learning and growing in many ways. We are no longer kids but still behave like kids.

Most of our lives was spent giving to others, now our focus is giving to each other, a conscious choice on our parts. We still reserve time for others but the road is our mistress.

Others make different choices, we know our (almost) fulltiming life is not for everyone. Ginny is forever telling me we're blessed. I hope so.

Love to all...

Glad to read you.
I did not cross your writings for a few months and I wondered if hurricanes had caused you damage.
I think I remember that during the winter you live in the Tampa area if I remember correctly.
Have a good day,

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #31

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
My senior pass was pretty beat up a few years ago. At a stop where it was use the person on duty replaced it. I didn’t even have to ask. As for best friend, my wife best friend mother of my children managed to travel in 49 states. No Hawaii. We had nearly 50 years together when she passed, That was almost 5 years ago. Two years later I met a woman who likes to camp, loves my Escape19. We’ve traveled to many places and more to come. In case some of you think you’re too old to do trailer things, I’m 81 and she’s 76 and we’re ready for more even though we both have some health issues they’re not stopping us.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #32

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
congratulations mr rugg

wow you are doing great. With my new back surgery done in July I am finally starting to be able to do things. Had the same back surgery 21/2 years ago and it was not nearly as bad as this time matter of fact I came very close to giving up the pain was so bad!

I am happy for you at 81 you are doing so well, I think go as long as you can do it and go as long as you can stand it. Movement seems to help us.

anyway pleasant journies and happy Thanksgiving!!!

bob